What are the 2008 Laser colors?

I've seen that colour before. And they can't be "fresh 08's" as it is currently 2007! If anything they were special colours for the event. I would trust the boathouse as he is a dealer, he knows what he's talking about

yeah its the same as the 06 color. i dont think they were especially for the event because i helped them pack the boats back up into the trailers so they could ship them to dealers. the boats all had 08 on the back.

i didnt go, but i know last year's smythe had the light blue and red boats that were the 07 colors, and yes the regatta was in 2006. see a trend?

I've seen that colour before. And they can't be "fresh 08's" as it is currently 2007! If anything they were special colours for the event. I would trust the boathouse as he is a dealer, he knows what he's talking about

Model year is not tied to calender year. Changeover occurs in Aug IIRC.

You'll see a lot of 08's already assigned sail #'s

Okay we are all wrong.....The blue hulls you saw are 2008 colors BUT will not be used on the 2008 Laser's..that was just a run for the event. AND the 2008 Lasers will not be gray on gray...they will be WHITE ........yep all white hulls with the fog grey decks....no other choices...The V-15, Zuma, and Nomad will be using the Blue color you saw before.....the proper race boat in the UK is white so....there you go time to unload all those colored hulls because you WILL stick out on the start line.

What seems to happen in Europe is that the hulls are vela grey. However, every now and again PSE build a batch of coloured ones ("waterline colour" i.e. waterline to gunwale). From what I understand they tend to build a batch of one colour then, when those have gone, build another batch of some colour. When I purchased mine late last year they had some red ones. They had no idea if or when they would build the next batch, nor what colour they might be.

I have no idea if the US are going to adopt the same methods now or not. In the same way, maybe PSE in Europe will adopt Vanguards practice and we will start getting a nice colour choice.

Ian

Why grey? Of all the drab colors to use on an exciting, expensive toy. Is it for sun glare in drippy old England?

Give 'em some pizazz!

I like the black clothes, I always wear black, white, and red. Ok my SEA hiking pants are grey, and the SEA cover shorts are blue, but I try and match my clothes

Ok, so the ’08 colors will be as follows:
Deck: Grey/Gray
Hull: Vela Grey/Gray
NO STRIPE

Am I right? That’s what I’ve gotten out of the discussion.

/0dylan

Back