Wetsuits for tall sailors

Aeolus

I am looking to buy a wetsuit for Laser sailing in spring and fall. I am 6'3" tall and weigh 185 pounds. I tried on a Body Glove XL which felt great until I sat down (as you would when sailing) and the wetsuit was seriously choking me. Because of my height, it was not long enough in the back so it was pulling back on my throat.

I would like comments on my thoughts of either the Ronstan sleeveless skiff suit (XL) or an Xcel Icon (XL tall). My guess with the Ronstan is that since it is made for sailing, it is hopefully made for sitting down and therefore it would fit better. The Xcel Icon is the only 3/2mm full wetsuit that I can find that comes in a tall size and is reasonably priced.

As I have never owned a wetsuit, any comments for a tall sailor would be appreciated.

The Ronstan wetsuits, or as they call them, "skiff suits," are specifically made for sailing and are made extra stretchy for a full range of movement. They also sport grip on the knees for those long, downwind legs.

Try the Ronstan XXL. It should be perfect in terms of height, but it might be a little loose around the middle.

Back