Were do I go

ArgonautEC

Saturday I participatd in an eight hour long distance Sunfish race. The race on Sunday lasted five hours. There's a 20 mile race coming up in two weeks. My question is where do you go to the bathroom on a Sunfish? For #1 it's easy, I just use the plastic milk jug with the bottom cut out and dump it over the side. But what about #2?

Attachments

• Relief.jpg
    Relief.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 45
  • NASA_AstroDiapers.jpg
    NASA_AstroDiapers.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 47
  • Beckson Bag.jpg
    Beckson Bag.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 49
The best thing for you to do is to have a huge spicy steaming hot Indian curry and a nice big bowl of prunes and rhubarb the night before you sail , and wash it down with 11 or 12 pints of lager. Then when you sail , don't worry about a thing , but what ever you do , make sure you're wearing a full wetsuit & booties!

You can put a plastic grocery bag in your cut off milk jug and keep some kids wet wipes to clean up with. I just hope you have a calm sea or one heck of a set of sea legs. What you do with it after your done is another matter. I heard about a guy making #2 in one of his live wells at a BASS tournament. I heard this from the person riding back seat with him and he was not happy to be sitting next to that for half a day.

You can put a plastic grocery bag in your cut off milk jug and keep some kids wet wipes to clean up with. I just hope you have a calm sea or one heck of a set of sea legs. What you do with it after your done is another matter. I heard about a guy making #2 in one of his live wells at a BASS tournament. I heard this from the person riding back seat with him and he was not happy to be sitting next to that for half a day.

Would a 6" inspection port on a Sunfish work as well?

Re: Where do I go

Another option is to take a bottle of gatorade, drink the gatorade, then fill up the gaterade bottle as needed and take it back to the dock for disposal. Just make sure it gets thrown away and not recycled. That solves the problem for #1 but not for #2.

Re: Where do I go

Another option is to take a bottle of gatorade, drink the gatorade, then fill up the gaterade bottle as needed and take it back to the dock for disposal. Just make sure it gets thrown away and not recycled. That solves the problem for #1 but not for #2.

I would make sure to not get one that's orange , yellow or clear you might accadentally "recycle" it in the worst of ways.

Not the nicest of topics, but assuming (PUN!) the water is not too cold.. what about just going over the side.. dropping your pants and using a cloth, which will be wet(duh) to clean up.. then put it in a plastic bag to take back.. pull up.. and back in the cockpit and away..

I have no idea if there is a law against this.. but really.. we have only been on the planet for some 20,000 years or so, and have been told its wrong only in the last 50.

My 2c

James

One idea:
Take some of Koalin (Kaopectate or similar clay or anti-diarr* before the race. OR (if really desperate and nervous about this: Go through the prep for a colonoscopy (look online for details) -- well, just the DIET part. Nothing but clear fluids (beer) and gelatin (frozen mojitoes) for two or three days before the event.

Back