Well used Sunfish clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I inherited a well used sunfish class sail boat. It is missing rudder and dagger board. Pics can be emailed to you. Sail is in decent shape and stored in a dry location but dirty looking. Great project boat sold by Sears, it has an "F" on the sail. First $100.00 cash gets it, no cashiers checks. Email is UABDAD@yahoo.com for pics.

For what it's worth, I think you have a Sears-Roebuck Fleetwind sailboat. The sail insignia is a a letter "F" in a circle with breaks in it, and the bow is a blunt (pram) design rather than a pointed shape. They were pretty good boats in their day and worth at least the $100 you are asking if the hull is in decent shape.

I believe (?) that a Sunfish daggerboard will fit and the Sunfish rudder assembly is about the same size (but the attachment hardware may be different.) If you want to see a photo of one, join the Yahoo Sunfish_Sailor website (no charge) then click on "Files" and then "Clonefish" and then "Clonfish A - K".

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Thread starter #3
Thanks Alan for the info. I will check out the website you mentioned. Hull is in good shape, needs painting or polishing. I have never sailed and many lakes around here in Birmingham, Alabama area to do so but I haven't the time. I guess I could sail it in my pool, nah. Thanks again.

Thanks Alan for the info. I will check out the website you mentioned. Hull is in good shape, needs painting or polishing. I have never sailed and many lakes around here in Birmingham, Alabama area to do so but I haven't the time. I guess I could sail it in my pool, nah. Thanks again.
Could you send me some pictures of the boat. I'd be interested in it and live in Atlanta. so easy pickup. does it come with a trailer? I can be reached at julesalc44@yahoo.com for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.