Class Politics Welcome to the New Measurers Forum at LaserForum.org

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
This new section provides a forum for North American laser sailors to submit questions to an official panel of ILCA-NA Measurers.

Here's how it works:
-You submit a question by making a new post in this forum.
-The post in this forum are sent to a special email list for measurers only. They will review the message and come up with an answer.
-They will return to the forum and post their answer as a reply to your original message.

This process may take a few days to complete. You will be notified by email when a reply is made unless you have turned off email notification in your User CP. You can also enable it on a post by post basis in the Additional Options section on the new thread page.

If you have any questions or comments about this system please direct them to my email address below.

Thanks for using The Laser Forum.

This is just a reminder to everyone the the Measurers Forum is up and running at The Laser Forum. Feel free to post your questions in New Threads in this section for review by a panel of experts.

Best,

It would help if the panel of experts were named, so we know if a reply to our message is from one of the "experts" or another forum member.

For example, I asked some questions about what the impact of their replies were in thread http://www.laserforum.org/showthread.php?t=2600 - Fred answered, but I have no idea if he is on the panel or not. If he's not, then the next issue is the timeliness of the replies from the experts - most of the questions in this branch of the forum are older than a "few days"

Here is the basic idea/plan:

1) Put all the District Measurers on a common e-mail list so they can all get common information on rule interpretations, etc.

2) Provide a mechanism for Laser sailors to ask class rules questions which gets distributed to all the District Measurers and allow them to discuss it (if necessary) and then one of them to post an answer.

To date we have identified four District Measurers who are on this list:
1) Fred Schroth (District 15)
2) Rudy Ratsep (District 8 - who will be "measuring" at the Master's Worlds in Fortaleza next week)
3) Heinz Gebauer (District 3)
4) Bruce Martinson (District 21 - Bruce is not yet "official" but should be soon)

Bradley has been great in setting all of this up for us and it does work that when a question is posted in this forum an e-mail goes out to the above group. Obviously, we are still working on the details so responses are a bit slow in coming, I hope we get this worked out soon.

I believe that this group can give an "official" answer to 99.9% of the questions posed as it is pretty easy to apply the "Jeff Martin Principle" to most questions. For the remaining 0.01% the plan will be to kick these up to Jean-Luc Michon (the ILCA Measurer) for a ruling. Again, it may take a little bit of time to work out the kinks, but this is the idea.

Tracy

Back