Waves

calicosine

larsencanvas and i are headed up to vancouver canada to the royal canadian yacht club to sail in a three day regatta, anybody else from the forum heading up? should be a great event, they are expecting 70 lasers plus other centerboard classes.

I wish, been thinking about making the trip, but the three-day part is hard.

Some Portland sailors are just doing a two day thing.

If you are going to the Royal Canadian Yacht Club from Seattle you better leave early as you have a long drive to Toronto. Perhaps you mean Royal Vancouver Yacht Club?

yes it was royal vancouver yacht club in vancouver. what a nice club, great event, very nice people and a excellent place for a regatta. we had a great time, 40 lasers, 25 radials, 10 bytes, many optis and 5-8 420s. 1st day wind about 5-7 4 races, 2nd day 4-8 wind 4 races and last day 6-12 wind with 4 races, long courses each race about 40-60 minutes and weather was clear and in the 80,s every day, very pretty place. they had a nice dinner on day 2 and a band and nice trophy presention on the 3rd day. larsen canvas finished 27th and i came in at 38th. since this was my first regatta i was pleased with the outcome. i came in dead last 9 times, 31st, 36th, and 37th and finished every race with no dnf, or over earlys. all in all a great event and i recommend it to everyone for next year........terry

Back