Washington sailors report in

kylehousley

Anyone who wants to sail and lives in western Washington should post in here and we can get something organized! Thanks all!

Yeah I know! I think I am going to be in Dyes Inlet on Saturday and Sunday, maybe tomorrow if those showers do enough "tapering". Anyone is invited, I might even be interested in sailing the Hood Canal.

Driftwood Key

I live in a community called Driftwood Key on the north end of the Kitsap Peninsula. We have a private harbor (Called Shelter Bay, or Coon Bay on the charts) and a private launching ramp. I am considering contacting several dinghy sailors in the area to ask if they want to have some impromptu races on a weekly basis. I know of at least a half dozen one design dinghy owners that might be interested. I am in the process of developing a list. We have had these races from time to time in the bay and although the bay is only about 1/3 mile long we can get a decent, albeit short, windward-leeward course inside the bay. Let me know you name, phone number and email address if you are interested.

Attachments

• race course.JPG
    race course.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Mountain picture copy.JPG
    Mountain picture copy.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 24
alright i have never done any racing before but I would be willing to try it out. let me know, I check my email all the time. xlorkhanx AT gmail DOT com
phone number is (eight oh eight) two one six - eight one eight seven
be sure to leave a message

Racing in Port Townsend

Port Townsend Sailing Association (http://ptsail.org) sponsors racing in Port Townsend Bay Friday evenings during the spring and summer. If you are interested the calendar of events is posted on their web site.

Back