What's new

Wanted: Wooden Sailfish

riccardo_l

Price $
State
MASSACHUSETTS
City
Framingham
I live in MA. I'll take one in pretty much any condition.

Richard

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
riccardo_I, I’m in central CT. I’ve got a wooden sailfish that I planned to finish restoring in the spring. It’s complete and has a great sail, wooden mast and booms. I’d consider selling it now. I’ll send you a private message here tomorrow with more details.

riccardo_l

riccardo_I, I’m in central CT. I’ve got a wooden sailfish that I planned to finish restoring in the spring. It’s complete and has a great sail, wooden mast and booms. I’d consider selling it now. I’ll send you a private message here tomorrow with more details.
Look forward to hearing from you!

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender

Attachments

signal charlie

Staff member
Thanks Breeze Bender!

She looks ready for a Leak Test and then paint. Did you do all the prep work?

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
Thanks Breeze Bender!

She looks ready for a Leak Test and then paint. Did you do all the prep work?
Yes, I prepped and sealed the top with one coat of West System 105/207 before the cold weather set in. Plan to finish sealing and paint in the spring. You have given me great advice on this project.

signal charlie

Staff member
Have you done an air leak test? We found some small leaks along the seams that we scraped out a bit and sealed with injected thickened epoxy. Surprisingly there were no leaks in the daggerboard trunk.

IMG_2092.jpg

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
I haven’t tested it yet but do have the Six-Ten thickened epoxy- love that stuff! Spring is coming, though it’s hard to believe with 13” of snow on the ground. I just came in from cross country skiing. It was beautiful and a great workout but I’d rather be sailing!