What's new

Wanted: Sunfish to buy or share in San Diego, CA

SunfishSD

Price $
State
CALIFORNIA
Hello, greetings to all on this forum. I am new here and wonder:
is there anyone out there with connection to sunfish sailing in San Diego, CA?

I have been (ocean) sailing sunfish for the past 30+ years. Alas, the wonderful elderly sunfish we have with the family are both on the East Coast. Here in San Diego's Mission Bay, I regularly rent a Capri 14', 18', or 22' from the Catamaran Hotel but find them rather unwieldy compared to a sunfish.

Might anyone direct me to a sunfish, to rent, share, occasionally use, or even buy (if it can be stored on a beach/at a club)?
Is there a community of folk who sail sunfish in SD?

signal charlie

Staff member
Hello, greetings to all on this forum. I am new here and wonder:
is there anyone out there with connection to sunfish sailing in San Diego, CA?

I have been (ocean) sailing sunfish for the past 30+ years. Alas, the wonderful elderly sunfish we have with the family are both on the East Coast. Here in San Diego's Mission Bay, I regularly rent a Capri 14', 18', or 22' from the Catamaran Hotel but find them rather unwieldy compared to a sunfish.

Might anyone direct me to a sunfish, to rent, share, occasionally use, or even buy (if it can be stored on a beach/at a club)?
Is there a community of folk who sail sunfish in SD?
One other idea is to contact the Sunfish Class Association and see if there are fleets out there, one of the members might have a spare "Beach Banger." (Ref Alan G)

International Sunfish Class Association

Bostonian

Hey you have 2 Sunfish fleets in San Diego. MBYC and fleet 632 out of Bahia Point.

I am the USSCA West Region Rep, you can message me any questions about racing in our region.

I have 3 Vanguard Sunfish for sale if interested.