Wanted: Sailfish Sail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I'm looking for a used Sailfish sail for my Dad's Alcort Sailfish. Alternatively, does anyone know if I could use a Sunfish sail on it?

Thanks!

sailcraftri

If you have a Super Sailfish (most fiberglass versions) then yes. Check the length of your booms. If they are 13'-10" long than you can use a Sunfish sail. I have used and new, cjo1023 at yahoo-dot-com.

If you have an early wood or fiberglass Sailfish, the sail is 65 sq. ft. If you have a Super Sailfish, the sail area is 75 sq. ft.
The standard Sunfish sail is 75 sq. ft. and will work fine on the larger Sailfish. If not, Kevane Sailmakers makes a 65 sq. ft.
aftermarket sail that is designed for a Minifish.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Are you still looking for a Sailfish sail? I just acquired one this afternoon, red and white panels, no rips, repairs, one or two
tiny pin holes, nice, crisp Sailfish logo. Good aerodynamic shape. $65 + shipping. If interested, e-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu and I will e-mail you a photo or two.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

signal charlie

Staff member
Hola Alan

If HSWell doesn't need the sail, Zsa Zsa does. She is the plan built Super Sailfish you saw, she only needs a keel and new plywood for the hull.....surprisingly she had all of the other parts except the sail was long gone.

What say ye?

Kent and Audrey

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.