What's new

Wanted: rudder and tiller assembly for a Super Porpoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

tag

my2fish
Tom,
Do you need the hardware that's on the boat? Or just the wooden parts and rudder head?

tag

tag

my2fish
Let me look in my barn and take a couple pictures - I think I have an extra rudder that has the lead weight like a Super Porpoise rudder, but I think it has a plastic rudder head. Not sure if it was from a knock-off sailboat, maybe?

tag

my2fish
Okay so I took a picture of both. My original Super Porpoise rudder on the left with the metal (aluminum?) rudder head.

The extra one I have is definitely a molded plastic rudder head, but it looks to be pretty much the same thing. It has a tiller, but not the retaining pin. Rudder appears to have a crack in it as well.

3553D52F-D3D8-4EAC-9744-73B95483B1D0.jpeg

Tom Feldpausch

My rudder pin has a small stainless steel chain attaching it to my boat. Do you know if your rudder pin has always been attached to the rudder? Also, does your rudder pin have a hole in the tip for a cotter/retention pin of some type? I couldn't tell from your picture.

tag

my2fish
Mine is how it was given to me when I bought it years ago... I haven't changed it. The top of the pin must have a small hole for the wire that is attached to it.

Tom Feldpausch

That's very good. Otherwise, the rudder pin falls out when you completely capsize, and down to the bottom of the lake she goes (which is how you and I came to be acquainted).

Reactions: tag
Status
Not open for further replies.