What's new

Wanted: Laser Rudder, Rudderhead, Tiller, and extension parts

kevink16

Price $
State
CALIFORNIA
City
Santa Cruz
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a used rudder and rudderhead assembly at a reasonable price. I manage the Laser boat program at the Santa Cruz Yacht Club and one of our members managed to lose their rudder while sailing over the weekend when they capsized and didn't have the rudder fully inserted and locked into place with the retaining spring. Let me know if you have a spare in any condition you might be willing to part with. I'd also be interested in a tiller and tiller extension but the rudder and rudderhead are the primary items I need first.

ProATC

How was the turnout and the conditions for the regatta last weekend? I wonder if any members on this site participated? Will SCYC post any pictures?

kevink16

I believe they had a decent turnout with 20+ boats between the full and radial fleets. I wasn't racing but was out Saturday afternoon at the same time as the regatta and unfortunately the weekend's heat wave killed the wind so most of the races were done in fairly light conditions.

I don't know if anyone on the RC boat had a camera; there's one club member that typically takes photos when they volunteer for race committee. I can reach out and see if there's photos from the weekend and share the link here once they're uploaded.

ParkCitySail

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a used rudder and rudderhead assembly at a reasonable price. I manage the Laser boat program at the Santa Cruz Yacht Club and one of our members managed to lose their rudder while sailing over the weekend when they capsized and didn't have the rudder fully inserted and locked into place with the retaining spring. Let me know if you have a spare in any condition you might be willing to part with. I'd also be interested in a tiller and tiller extension but the rudder and rudderhead are the primary items I need first.
If you're still looking for a rudder and rudder head, we may have one or two that are extra. I can look for you tonight.

Bill_H

Are you still looking for Laser Rudder, Rudderhead, Tiller, and extension parts? I had two Lasers that were lost in hurricane but have those parts and a few others.

kevink16

Hi Bill_H and ParkCitySail, thanks for the offer of your parts. The club has already proceeded to purchase replacement components from Intensity sails.

I might have some spare budget to use up before the year end though. Could you let me know what parts you have available and what you'd be asking for them? I might be able to get approval to purchase some spares if the price+shipping is reasonable.