WANTED: J-24 with TRAILER!

Featured Thread Thread starter #1
Looking to buy j-24 that requires some TLC. looking to refurbish and sail it competativly. Send me any offer, im open to anything. preferably with trailer.

Looking to buy j-24 that requires some TLC. looking to refurbish and sail it competativly. Send me any offer, im open to anything. preferably with trailer.
Hi Henry,

I just posted a listing for my 1978 J-24, hull #912. I have references from competitive sailors in Tampa, FL who know the boat. This boat needs nothing, it is drive away/sail away complete, with new paint, competitive sails, etc. Any boat that needs work will be an endless cash drain, but this boat needs nothing but a competitive sailing crew. It is fast and ready to go in FL, or any sanctioned J-24 regatta. It is worth far more, but I'm retiring and want to move this boat, or else I'll donate it to a sailing school. I don't know your financial situation, but spending a little more on this boat will get a lot of value. You will spend nothing going forward, but the cost of good beer!

Tom

Thread starter #4
Hi Henry,

I just posted a listing for my 1978 J-24, hull #912. I have references from competitive sailors in Tampa, FL who know the boat. This boat needs nothing, it is drive away/sail away complete, with new paint, competitive sails, etc. Any boat that needs work will be an endless cash drain, but this boat needs nothing but a competitive sailing crew. It is fast and ready to go in FL, or any sanctioned J-24 regatta. It is worth far more, but I'm retiring and want to move this boat, or else I'll donate it to a sailing school. I don't know your financial situation, but spending a little more on this boat will get a lot of value. You will spend nothing going forward, but the cost of good beer!

Tom
Hey Tom, how much are you looking to get for the boat??

Sorry for the late response, I haven’t checked the site in a while.

1980 Hull, 2 full sets of sails (original rags and another set bought in the late 80’s); sitting on a dual axel DHL Enterprises trailer (not registered in CA) but ready to roll; needs gelcoat for the keel (down to the lead), and bottom paint, no vermiculite issues; has not been in the water for about 10 years, so completely dry hull with no blisters. No quarter berth cushions inside. Other than that, just minor stuff like putting winches back on (I made new blocks underneath them just haven’t reassembled, needs a new traveler mount, needs new lines/halyards due to sitting out in the sun (Fresno). Rudder/tiller is in excellent condition been down below out of the elements.
Not sure what else I can say other than it will take some work to have the gel coat put on, but other than that just needs someone to put a little TLC to get it going again. Let me know if you want pics. I will entertain any offer.