Volvo Lasers?

Have you ever seen a 29er with VOlvo on the side then the letters of a country on the bow. well i've seen a few lasers with that and i wanted to know where i could get one.

Call your Vanguard Dealer, there were a few of these left over from a Canadian event that they were selling at a discount.

Have you ever seen a 29er with VOlvo on the side then the letters of a country on the bow. well i've seen a few lasers with that and i wanted to know where i could get one.

I'm pretty sure that what you saw was a sticker used to identify boats for a regatta.

I'm pretty sure that what you saw was a sticker used to identify boats for a regatta.

Thats exactly what it is, but after the event Vanguard distributes the boats to dealers and you can get an almost brand new boat at a discount. One of the guys in our fleet bought one and has been very happy with it.

Here's a picture:

Attachments

• volvo_laser.jpg
    volvo_laser.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 104
Is it really that big of a deal to have a sticker on the side of the boat?

i dont think he really cares about the sticker really, but the fact that those boats are bascily brand new and only raced for 3-4 days; then they are sold at a used boat price. i would like to know where these boats can be found as well.
-kai

i dont think he really cares about the sticker really, but the fact that those boats are bascily brand new and only raced for 3-4 days; then they are sold at a used boat price. i would like to know where these boats can be found as well.
-kai

You need to tell you local dealer that you are interested in a low use boat that was used at a championship event. The dealer will then decide to put in a request to purchase used boats from Vanguard, and might even pass on the savings to you.

I have never cared for the rolling tribute to the "nanny state" so why would I want to advertise for them? Oops, forgot, my company makes parts for Ford...never mind.

The boats that are being used for the olympic trials are all being sold in the same fashion. Just call the dealer near any event that provides boats and they will have the details on the discount. Just be aware that they will try to pass the sails that are used at the event as "new", but they are used and if it is a heavy wind event, the discount might not be that good when you consider that the sail is no longer competitive.

Otherwise, that is a great way to help keep the costs down for the events that provide boats and a way to pick up a boat for a discount.

yep - snow runoff and ice fields - that's where it gets the minerals and color.
Come up next summer! No Volvo required!

Look for any major championship in your area that is using charter boats, or even a boat rental company; for example, Sturgis charters boats, and sells off their charter fleet after a couple of years.

Back