Video: Sailing Tomales Bay

andyatos

Our relentless rainy pattern in Northern California finally transitioned to a high pressure ridge so the boys were anxious for some sailing. Knowing the onshore seabreeze flow would eventually kick in, we took to the water even though it was still glassy on the bay with barely a breath of wind.

Made our way to the Point Reyes side of the bay where there's usually more flow then played musical chairs while waiting for the dramatic windline that accompanies the southwest wind arrival. It finally showed up so we bee lined to the northwest with the goal of sailing to Lawson's Landing to meet up with Dennis.

Here's some video of the day... with a surprising turn of events.

- Andy

My first time aboard a Laser. Despite my newbie mishap, it was a really fun day. Tomales never disappoints!
Hey, that's right... it was your first time in a Laser!

NorCal hopped from his Sunfish into my boat about 2/3rds of the way through our return trip to where we launched. As I suspected, him in my boat with the Sunfish empty was way faster over the ground than one of us in each boat. A handy bit of info for any future towing operations.

- Andy

Nice, Andy! Nobody can read and sail light air like you. And I see both you and Greg are sporting MK2 sails - aren't those great?
What the heck - mainsheet cleats on deck??:eek: Liking your new Zhik pfd? And your DDW tow was perfect. Would have been real nautical if the NW was blowing 20 or more. Hope to sail with you guys soon. I'm keeping a weather/tide eye on Drake's Estero.

Hope to sail with you guys soon. I'm keeping a weather/tide eye on Drake's Estero.
Sorry we missed hooking up with you and the Mrs. at Dillon Beach. Phil and I were busy turning lemons into lemonade. :cool:

And yes... I want me some more of that Drake's Estero. That place has some very special Juju.

- Andy

Back