News Vanguard is now LaserPerformance

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
From a vanguard dealer on the east coast:
Well the news which a lot of us have known for a while is out of the bag: Vanguard is no more. The new company will be called LaserPerformance. It will take a while to warm up to calling it that but change is usually inevitable. On top of that they have a new logo which is interesting.

I am not quite sure of the new logo "meaning". It looks like an "ink blot" to read into it what you think. I think I can see the "L" of Laser and the void of the letter "P", but that may just be a lucky guess. It could be a spinaker or a opti sail.....I don't get it. I am thinking to hard. Does anyone know further about the chosen logo?

Maybe it's just abstract?? I don't really see anything in the new logo and I'll have to admit I'm not the biggest fan. There is too much wasted space all around it.

The reception of the new logo has been negative on the Laser Forum as well. But our opinions weren't invited and probably don't carry much weight at this time.

My guess is, right now they have a lot more to worry about than their logo. Folks at TLF are suggesting some major shake ups in the distribution chain could be possible...aka, eliminating the dealer chain. I personally don't see this as a viable option in North America do to our large geographical size. No one wants to drive 8 hours to pick up a laser or sunfish. The direct sales method works in the UK because of the geography (or lack there of). Everyone there is within relatively close range of the major supply center. You can read more on this at http://www.laserforum.org/showthread.php?t=8225.

Back