Value of boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is rigged for racing or recreation? What area of the country will you be selling it? What does the hull weigh? Is the sail original? Daggerboard is plastic or frp? Rudder blade plastic or frp? Wood tiller or aluminum? These all affect value. Here in New England you should be able to get $2300-$2800 I suspect. Do you have a dolly to go with it? Sail/spar bag? Deck cover? Hull cover?

If I did sell, it would be in South Carolina. I have the wooden rudder. And fiberglass daggerboard. The hull hasn't been weighed yet but is definitely not heavy. No dolly or deck cover but I'm ordering one. I'm not sure about the sail. It has the isaf sticker in the cockpit. Thanks for the help.

I also have a 1978 in excellent shape, it's impressive. Red stripe, with brownish black double lines around it, has cover and trailer. Sail is new. Any idea on the value of that one? Don't think I'm gonna sell, but one of the two might have to go.

+1 on what sailcraftri said for the 2007. A little more if you have the race sail or a recreational North Sail in good shape. As for the 1978 it would sell for around $2000 here in Pensacola.

$2000 for a 1978...in New England I don't see those kind of prices for older boats. The 1978 might fetch $600-$1000 in good condition. The higher price with a new sail. For $2000 you should be able to get a 1990's boat or early 2000's. I'll have to ship my boats to Pensacola to sell from now on. Maybe the supply of used Sunfish is much greater here in NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back