Valentine's Day Inspiration

jerryRiggin

My sister wrote this on her facebook today and it was so touching and inspiring I wanted to share it:

On this "day of love" I've just been reflecting on my life and people I love and I figured I would share a story with you. My identical twin sister loves sailing and always wanted to sail the Caribbean but she had a job in science and couldn't take the time off of work. One day I was shopping in Walmart when I got this horrible feeling-so much that my legs gave way and I crumpled to the floor. Not 10 minutes later I got a call from our mother telling me my sister had just been in a terrible car accident. She had been taken to the hospital and her car was totaled by an 18 wheeler. Thankfully she only had minor injuries and recovered quickly. But she told me later that when she saw the 18 wheeler barreling straight towards her and she thought she was going to die, that her life didn't flash in front of her eyes, but the things she never got to do flashed in front of her eyes. From that day on she vowed to sail the Caribbean as soon as she could. She and her husband worked hard to save money and then they sold their cars, rented out their house, sold a lot of their material possessions, and quit their jobs. They put a lot of time into preparing and planning, but not long after her accident she was sailing the Caribbean, just like she had always dreamed. Her trip was so memorable that she was the centerfold of Yachting Magazine once! So today I'm thinking about how much I love her, how thankful I am that she is still here with me and that she got to have such incredible experiences, and how inspiring she is--we really can achieve our dreams.

Valentine's Day inspiration

I got a Valentine's Day card from my girl. It said, 'Take my heart! Take my arms! Take my lips!' Which is just like her. Keeping the best part for herself.

Back