Vacation Sailboat Rental

Flieger

All,
i'm looking for recommendations for small sailboat rentals anywhere in the US, Mexico, and/or Caribbean. I typically see ads for Hobie cats, but any sort of small sailboat would be ok.

thx.

Maybe visit a recent Sunfish Worlds location, the host sailing club might have extras leftover that you can rent? Curaçao was a couple years ago and looks like an AWESOME place to vacation.

The hotels/resorts that do offer sailboats for rent these days typically have Hobies (like the Hobie Wave or Getaway). More friendly for novice sailors; harder to capsize and more comfortable for two or more.
I did find a place in Curacao that (still) rents Sunfishes: Sail Adventure Curacao.
Sailing a Laser out of Cabarete (Dominican Republic) requires a different skill set.

The Laser is the more "tender" of the two types of hulls?

Catamarans are stable in moderate winds, exhilarating in strong winds, and agonizingly slow in weak winds. :confused:

Sunfish work for everybody, but are the go-to sailboat for the age-enhanced.

Hi Wavedancer, although I will never be sailing a Laser out of Cabarete, I am curious and wonder if you would elaborate on this.
I probably should have left this one out. The Cabarete shop is for sailors to practice their Laser skills, typically with input from a coach, and race. One has to bring a sail, ropes etc.
Laser Training Center - Cabarete, Dominican Republic

And yes, a Laser loves to capsize...:eek:

Back