US Laser Nationals Tune Up Event

Would you sail a Corpus US nationals Tune up Event

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
I am interested in commitments as I will be spending lots of time and money to set it up>>>

Would you sail in a tune up event in Corpus Christi? The event would be held either one week before Easter or one week after Easter. If the event does not expand the Easter Laser Regatta attendance and deepen the field, it will not do a lot for my selfish interests.

So...anybody interested?

Heck Yes Gov,
Drop the hat and I will go sailing! Anybody else interested, I've got my extra laser for a back up boat with the upgraded rigging and a good sail... Exhorbitant charter fee though, Some of the good (Looser Lou) German beir will meet it nicely. Let me know when and where Gov. I'll be there. Come on down to Texas ya'll!
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

fishingmickey said:
...Some of the good (Looser Lou) German beir will meet it nicely. ...
Unfortunatly, the US-Government wants, that the visitors/tourists of the USA will need a new identification-card/Passport with a special computerchip inside(The LooserLu has the old Passport that is still valid in Europe), to be allowed to enter the earth of USA. This passport is horrible expensive I can say to you (~80 US$).
KLM-would fly to Houston I guess for a nice price at the small-pessengers tourist-class. But as you learnt form another thread, the LooserLu fast has to get a new job, to pay all that. Hopefully "Angie" will puts her attention on the last and brings Germany's economy (especially for traffic-design and road/railway-construction) up again soon...
Until then The LooserLu only sail at lakes in the neighborhood. Good German Beer? Hm, : Krombacher-Beer, Veltins-Pilsener, Königs Pilsener,Bitburger Beer, Erdinger Weizenbeer (from Bavaria), Früh-Kölsch (from Cologne), Pinkus-Mueller-Pilsener (from my town, and the brewery "Pinkus Mueller" delivers also to USA). I think that are some nice ones from GER.

Good sailing at the Gulf and greetings to Mr. E. Bunny ;-)
LooserLu

Wow, it's too bad you did not ask that....NEXT YEAR!!!....well, as you know, I am a future (this month) Laser 'purchaser'...MAN do I want to sail all and every event I can..

At this point I can only wish you luck with your endeavor, and hope we'll run into y'all next year in a masters event or 2. BTW, I am starting a business which will allow me to take 3 or 4 days off in a row quite frequently, and I am expecting to use that time for a heck of a lot of racing, so if you are organising anything around April and later of 2006...I'll be watching for your posts....

Ray

Can I race a US1 against lasers?

Seriously.... If Mikey doesn't find a respectable charterer, then I'll take him up on that extra boat. And take my ass wooping like a man. Should be fun, although maybe the weekend after Easter, could be 1 degree warmer.

Is this like a salt water thing with jelly fish and god knows what??

DaveK

If you are thinking in terms that sailors from other countries could attend that even, I just want to point out that the Central and South American Laser competition is held in those days (one week before and Easter week), so there would be a conflict for sailors from those countries to atend it.

The jellyfish are usually swarming in mid to late summer, and they're not the kind that are dangerous. We call the type that swarm during summer in the gulf and bay cabbage heads, and they have very short tentacles and hardly any sting. They're kind of fun to run over with the boat. I imagine with enough speed, we could slice 'em up with our blades. lol
I'd be interested in attending something like that in CC.

odinsvitskjaldr said:
The jellyfish are usually swarming in mid to late summer, and they're not the kind that are dangerous. We call the type that swarm during summer in the gulf and bay cabbage heads, and they have very short tentacles and hardly any sting. They're kind of fun to run over with the boat. I imagine with enough speed, we could slice 'em up with our blades. lol
I'd be interested in attending something like that in CC.

They make a nice thumping sound when you run into them. I never saw so many cabbage heads as I did one time in Palacios. Looking over the side of the boat, the entire surface of the water was a carpet of jelly heads.

Hey Odin..... I went to UH @ Clear Lake back in mid '80s. 3 of us rented a house in Bacliff for the 3 years we were there. On ocassion, we would pool some money together and rent a Person 36 from the Hilton on Clear lake. It was more of a booze cruise party back then. I just go into dinghys recently in the past 3 months. Before then, it was all keel boats. I look forward to getting on the water down there next spring. It would be interesting to be in Galveston Bay or Corpus on a small boat. Cabbage heads beware...lol

DaveK

Back