What's new

Two Good Used Bow Handles, Paying $10 Each.

L&VW

Price $
State
FLORIDA
City
Little Torch Key
Two needed for getting my two "adopted" Sunfish back on the water. Average condition OK, undamaged--should be "easy" on the hands. Paying $10 EACH.

ISO our forum's regular sellers, before buying new.

Alan S. Glos

L&VW,

I am happy to sell you two decent Sunfish bows handles for $10 each + $8 for a USPS Small Flat Rate Shipping box. Reply and let me know. These handles will have some pitting in the chrome but no structural issues. I will need your name and mailing address if you want them.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

L&VW

L&VW,

I am happy to sell you two decent Sunfish bows handles for $10 each + $8 for a USPS Small Flat Rate Shipping box. Reply and let me know. These handles will have some pitting in the chrome but no structural issues. I will need your name and mailing address if you want them.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY
This response is what I had in mind. :) One box for both?

But concerned about "pitting". More than one "pit"? :(

If you still have the word "East" in your address, then I've got it archived. :cool: (I'm a three-peat customer!)

Last edited:

Alan S. Glos

L&VW,

Yes, one box for both handles. The pitting I referred to is just some minor surface dings in the chrome surface. It is minor and consistent with age.
If you want them, you can e-mail me your address to: aglos@colgate.edu and mail me a check for $28 to:

Alan Glos
4627 East Lake Road
Cazenovia, NY 13035

I will ship as soon as I have your mailing address and the bow handles and your check will cross in the mail.

Alan Glos

L&VW

Wrote the check two days ago, then lost it. :rolleyes: Found it, and put it in an envelope. Lost track of the envelope :confused: then found it again, and left it for the mail carrier. No hurry, and my correct mailing address is on the check.

Alan S. Glos

L&VW,

Your check arrived and the two Sunfish bow handles are in the mail to you.via USPS Flat Rate Box with an ETA on Tues. Jan 12, 2021. The USPS Tracking Number is: 9505 5121 6846 1008 3438 43. Please reply to let me know they arrived safely. Thanks. Enjoy living in the Keys. It is 13 degrees here in Upstate NY today.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

L&VW

Arrived yesterday afternoon. Look good.

No markings. :confused: Do you think they're original equipment? Would you recommend a misting of clear lacquer for chrome plating longevity?

Alan S. Glos

L&VW,

These bow handles came off Sunfish hulls I salvaged so I am pretty sure they are factory original parts. Because you sail in salt water, no amount of lacquer clear coat will help much but it can't hurt. Washing with fresh water after each use is the best way to improve longevity.

Alan Glos