Turn your Sunfish into a rowing dinghy

Martin Mix

I have made a simple device that turns my old (1960’s for commercial sale?) Sunfish into a rowing dinghy.
The device can be put on or taken off in two minutes. Great rowing in calm water.
I’ve got the idea but not the money. Anybody there with money that wants to develop
this idea?|

Will White had a rowing conversion IIRC made out of PVC for sale years ago. Remember this won't be a high demand item.

Ill build one, was thinking about this also as I could then use the fish for dropping and pulling my crab pots on the weekends. If I put something together ill post some pics.

I have made a simple device that turns my old (1960’s for commercial sale?) Sunfish into a rowing dinghy.
The device can be put on or taken off in two minutes. Great rowing in calm water.
I’ve got the idea but not the money. Anybody there with money that wants to develop
this idea?|
There is an invention of a hundred thirty-five years ago than allows a rower to face forward while rowing. It's marked "W'm Lyman, patented 1873". At a yard sale, I bought one--$1--just to research what the heck it was!

(Just one side, as it turned out. :rolleyes: Anyone here got another? :p )

An invention I'd like to see for the Sunfish is a tight lid over the cockpit, so I can store the boat upright when not in use. A folding cover would be good. :)

Back