Trailex Ultralight Trailer For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Laser 4 Sail.JPG
Trailex Ultralight trailer (1996) - Good condition. Located in Eastchester, NY. Sold to me missing the VIN number, although I was unaware at the time of purchase. Perhaps you have a legal plate or able to register it. $50. Email me at cnperez@yahoo.com.

Thread starter #4
Is this trailer still for sale? Very interested.
Yes. I sold it to a fellow on Long Island. He could not register it because the VIN is missing. I did not know that so I took it back from the buyer with a full refund. I bought it a few years earlier from a sailing acquaintance in Massachusetts and have the bill of sale from the seller. I have not had time (inclination) to try to get it registered myself. It has a new wiring harness and lamps, and a new spare tire.

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris

Yes. I sold it to a fellow on Long Island. He could not register it because the VIN is missing. I did not know that so I took it back from the buyer with a full refund. I bought it a few years earlier from a sailing acquaintance in Massachusetts and have the bill of sale from the seller. I have not had time (inclination) to try to get it registered myself. It has a new wiring harness and lamps, and a new spare tire.

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris[/quote

Does the bill of sale have the VIN # on it?

Thread starter #6
No, I got duped. When I contacted him later, he said he always registered his trailers as home-made.

I have to believe that with the right person at DMV there is a way to get this registered.

I am going to get around to it soon, since my wife will not tolerate staring at it in the back yard all summer.

No, I got duped. When I contacted him later, he said he always registered his trailers as home-made.

I have to believe that with the right person at DMV there is a way to get this registered.

I am going to get around to it soon, since my wife will not tolerate staring at it in the back yard all summer.

So I was looking on the NJ DMV site and it looks like we can register a trailer without a VIN if it is homemade, the DMV would assign it a VIN. It seems silly for you to register something that you want to sell. What if I try to register with my local DMV and if I can register it, then I will buy the trailer? Would you accept $250.00 for it if I can get it registered in NJ? Thanks for considering.

Thread starter #8
$400 is a great price for this. It is worth $500 and hard to come by. I will settle for $350 if you would like to buy it.

Thanks.

$400 is a great price for this. It is worth $500 and hard to come by. I will settle for $350 if you would like to buy it.

Thanks.
That sounds fair! Can you send me the particulars about the trailer in as good detail as you can and your address so I can draft a bill of sale to bring to DMV to register? If that works my husband can pick up ASAP. Let me know! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.