What's new

Trailer questions

Helllo people, I have a trailer question. I've build my own trailer for my Sunfish and as you canb see in the pictures I've used two black rubber supports, the meassure 2,5 inch by 20 inch. Yesterday I turned my Sunfish upside down and saw that the rubbert supports made a small imprint in my boat. The impresses are not big and can bearly be seen. Did I make my two supports too small? Or is this normal? Did I wreck my Sunfish? Or should I just make bigger and wider suppoorts?

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 14.19.29.png

Attachments

LaLi

If with "imprint" you mean black rubber marks, then cover the rubber parts with carpet.
If the supports made dents, then they need to be larger, and preferably extend to the chine.

_

Cactus Cowboy

Use a technique known as "spiling" to obtain the exact curve of your hull as you cut the wood for your cradle. ;)

Pronunciation: SPY-ling :cool:

Kevin Mc

I built a cradle for my hull to replace the bunks that came with the trailer. Each rib in the cradle is fit to the cross-section of the hull, with a pool "noodle" over it and carpet wrapped around that. You can see the gap down the middle for the chine to rest in.

Boat dolly in use - 9.jpg