trailer information needed

old mike

Hi, I JUST STARTED SAILING TOOK (4 ) 3 HOUR GROUP CLASSES IN A CAPRI 14.2 AND I AM NOW BUYING ONE IT DOESN'T HAVE A TRAILER AND IS 300 MILES FROM MY HOUSE I AM TAKING A 14 FOOT TRAILER THAT I HAVE FOR A BOSTON WHALER . DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CORRECT SPACING FOR THE TRAILER BUNKS? THE BUNKS ON MY TRAILER ARE 6 FOOT LONG AND I THINK THIS IS O.K. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH SPACE IS REQUIRED BETWEEN THE TRAILER FENDERS? ANYWAY THIS IS THE START OF MANY EXCITING ADVENTURES TO COME . HELLO EVERYONE! OLD MIKE

It is to muddy to get to my boat and trailer right now. I live in Oxnard, California, not far from you. Once the weather clears up a little, I would be willing to help you get the boat to your house. Where is it at now?

trailering

Thanks is that from outside of one to the outside of the other or the total space inbetween them? I raise my bunks to clear the tops of the fenders as I had 5 foot 6 inches space inside them so now the total width of the boat doesn't matter it will fit riding over the top of the fenders just to get the boat home before buying a trailer just for it.

gregwcoats

HI, Thanks for your offer gregwcoats, I am sure I can do this, just getting this trailer as ready as possible so the boat will load with minimum problems, The trip is inland and I need to make another connection on the way. Maybe we will hook up some time in the future. MIKE

Back