Tomales Bay

Hey, Norcalsail, you gettin' some of that bad air down there in NorCal??? It's all over the news, the lousy air quality from the fires & whatnot... don't bother going sailing in that cr@p if you're on a lake, ya might be able to sail on the coast with less aggravation, no fun breathing that cr@p while you're trying to have a good time. I still remember the 3-or-4-day stretch of heavy smoke & ash down on the coast in Dago, life in general was miserable for those outdoors... no point in sailing under those conditions, better to wait till that cr@p clears and you can breathe fresh air. Damn, there's a story on TV right now and the narrator said that dozens have already died... jeez, be careful, Bro, I still wanna see Hero Cam video of the Fish off the coast, LOL. :rolleyes:

P.S. Rain next week, according to the talking head newscaster, might clean up the atmosphere a bit... :confused:

Last edited:
Thread starter #22
Hey, Norcalsail, you gettin' some of that bad air down there in NorCal??? It's all over the news, the lousy air quality from the fires & whatnot... don't bother going sailing in that cr@p if you're on a lake, ya might be able to sail on the coast with less aggravation, no fun breathing that cr@p while you're trying to have a good time. I still remember the 3-or-4-day stretch of heavy smoke & ash down on the coast in Dago, life in general was miserable for those outdoors... no point in sailing under those conditions, better to wait till that cr@p clears and you can breathe fresh air. Damn, there's a story on TV right now and the narrator said that dozens have already died... jeez, be careful, Bro, I still wanna see Hero Cam video of the Fish off the coast, LOL. :rolleyes:

P.S. Rain next week, according to the talking head newscaster, might clean up the atmosphere a bit... :confused:
Yeah CR, it's pretty bad here. I had been hopin for some westerlies and a bit of clearing by now. I've got some time in the upcoming week and wanted to sail but there is a lot of smoke and unhealthy air. Hopefully the rain will come soon. I mentioned a lake in the local county park that is small but sailable and less than 10 minutes from my house, but it's a bit too shallow right now. If it fills up, it will be a great place to learn more. They say stay inside but, you know, it's air and it goes in your house and out of your house so I might go anyway and Tomales could be better than here. There is a plan among some of the local sailors to go to Drake's Estero next Saturday and that will be really great weather permitting!

Last edited:
I had been hopin for some westerlies and a bit of clearing by now... There is a plan among some of the local sailors to go to Drake's Estero next Saturday and that will be really great weather permitting!
DUDE, you're starting to sound like a SALTY DAWG, LOL... CHEERS, BRO!!! I'm back to my live college football game (Memphis at SMU), but Tomales Bay may be the venue of choice if westerlies kick in to clear out that unhealthy cr@p in the atmosphere, AYE??? You're doing great, man!!! I'm going to look at a Flying Scot manana, if I buy her and fix her up, it'll be like sailing an aircraft carrier after the Laser & Minifish, LOL. Meh, no worries, I'll make that aircraft carrier stand up & do tricks, plenty o' beer on each cruise will help make that happen, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Remember, MARINE SAFETY FIRST!!! :eek: