News TLF: Database Outage Update and discussion

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
On Saturday afternoon around 3PM CDT the main "Post" table that powers The Laser Forum became corrupted and simply disappeared off the server. This required us to reload the database from our most recent backup on April 10th. This means that posts, new user registrations, and any other changes made on TLF between April 10 - 12 were lost. Feel free to repost any questions or replies you may have made. Please know that every effort is being made to protect the data you have built here at The Laser Forum. Starting immediately, database backups will be made everyday to insure that almost no data will be lost if the database fails again. Other Sailing Forums Network sites including district websites and The Sunfish Forum were not affected by this database outage.

Thanks for your continued support!

At this point its too early to say. I am not at home this weekend so I haven't had a chance to go through and try to find out what happened. It doesn't look like it was intentionally done to destroy the database. I will be able to better explain after I go find the last good web access in the logs this week.

Ok, keep us informed. I can think of a couple of people that have left for SA....

I looked at the sa page and dont know what to make of it how long have they been around, what competition are they to the laser forum?

I looked at the sa page and dont know what to make of it how long have they been around, what competition are they to the laser forum?

IMHO none. 2 different groups of folks with site owners that have different ideas and directions.

Back