Tired of Not Finding Places to Provision a Boat, I Finally Did Something About it

windwardguide

I'm a cook on a yacht and frustrated with not finding places to provision I decided to create a directory. I've extended the directory into other things but the original idea came from cooking on a boat.

There is very little information on it so far. I'm only testing it and I'm looking for some feedback. I'm a full time cook and web developer as a hobby. Basically, anybody with a business that provides goods or services to people who cruise can create a listing on the website. Here is a link to add a business listing.

If a user clicks on the map on the listings page the Lat/ Lng coordinates are set for when they do a proximity or distance search. All the content that is tagged shows up on the search starting with the closest and the rest sorted by distance descending. Here is the find a business page. It starts in Fort Lauderdale, FL but you can click the map anywhere. Unfortunately, I only have listings from Fort Lauderdale.

One of the things I do while traveling on a boat is make panorama pictures of places so I created a destinations page using some of them. As the website grows I'll add more.

I hope you check out the Windward Guide. And, I hope the moderators forgive me here as I try to make a local listings / review website for the cruising and sailing community.

Back