Tiller wedge orientation

Chris123

The rivet holding the plastic wedge onto the end of my (stock aluminum) tiller broke; I brought the tiller and the wedge home to re-rivet them, and now I see that the wedge is asymmetrical and without the boat I can't tell which end is up. None of the pictures I could find on the web were detailed enough to see.

One side of the wedge has rails, the other is flat. Could someone who has their gear handy please let me know whether the rails side faces up or down?

Thanks
7436%20Large.jpg

From looking at my tiller, the two railings go at the bottom probably to let the rudder tie-down line run freely. as shown here.

2214.jpg

Hope this help.

GG

The rivet holding the plastic wedge onto the end of my (stock aluminum) tiller broke; I brought the tiller and the wedge home to re-rivet them, and now I see that the wedge is asymmetrical and without the boat I can't tell which end is up. None of the pictures I could find on the web were detailed enough to see.

One side of the wedge has rails, the other is flat. Could someone who has their gear handy please let me know whether the rails side faces up or down?

Thanks

Chris can you tell the diameter of the tiller and wall thickness?

Chris can you tell the diameter of the tiller and wall thickness?

Ahhh.. sorry, too late; I could have measured the wall thickness while it was apart but now I've riveted it back together so don't have access to the end of the tube.

And, thanks for the help, those of you who posted the answer.

Back