Tiller Pin

Hi every one

I had the standard alaminum tiller and it had a pin to keep it into its stock.Then i brought the carbon fiber one and it did not have a hole for the pin to go in is that right or do i need to make one .:)

meny thanks

187490:)

Hi
My carbon tiller fits very snugly and I tie the rudder downhaul to a button on the side so that the tiller doesn't come out of the stock whilst the rudder is down. (mine's a rooster tiller)
The pin just gets in the way. Leave it out.

yup, don't need it

just crank the DH line down and your good to go

crank the DH harder, tie better knots

and if you cant tie better knots, tie more of em

a little off topic, but I have the urge to say this...
I got a new rudder and tiller from Laser UK. The pin attached to the stock wouldn't go through the hole in the stock anyway!
The scary part is, I was working for a laser dealer at the time, and when I checked our stock, they were all the same! Quality ;)

Most nuts at the end of the tiller are already wound a little too tight. It's better to remove the nut completely, let it soak overnight in an appro solution containing at least 50% alcohol and then put the nut back on the next day
:D

Most nuts at the end of the tiller are already wound a little too tight. It's better to remove the nut completely, let it soak overnight in an appro solution containing at least 50% alcohol and then put the nut back on the next day
:D

What he said!

The above fix works on regular nuts - If you happen to have a wing nut at the end of the tiller, the overnight soaking is a bad idea.

Wing nuts are usually best dealt with by moving them to another tiller, in a different class of boats, where the majority of tillers have wing nuts on them already. This way the wing nuts are able to grow and expand their wings, which keeps everyone happy

Dont use the pin. I havent for years and have not lost the tiller out of the rudder ever.

Back on topic:

Dont you use wing nuts when picking up two or more screws?

Back on topic:

Dont you use wing nuts when picking up two or more screws?[/QUOTE]

Nah Man. You need a Wing Man for that kind of action.

It appears there are some rare nuts, the Brazil and English nuts come to mind. I haven't completed the trace element analysis yet, but so far they appear to be a blend with a large component being the Machine nut, and a rare element which shows extremely high fatigue resistance. It appears to be something called kryptonite ?

Back