Tiller and Mainsheet Block Class Legal Question

Robertngoodson

I recently bought a very nice 2013 Sunfish that I intended to race. Upon inspection the aluminum wishbone tiller and Mainsheet ratchet block are from Nautos. Is it safe to assume that they are not class legal? The rudder is stamped with Laser Performance and the rudder head has the class sticker on it. So I’m assuming the block and tiller were added later. This wouldn’t be an issue, except the first regatta that I’m planning to sail is the Gulf Coast Regional, so I want to make sure I have the right equipment. Thanks!

That tiller is legal. LP provided them for a year or so, and after a long hiatus started supplying them with new boats again last year. Any brand of ratchet is fine, so you are good to go!

Great news! I figured the previous owner who had raced this boat would not have used anything that would have broken the rules, but because of my experience with Lasers and Nautos, I just wanted to make sure! Thank you so much for replying quickly, I and my wallet appreciate it!!

-Robert

This is the main block that was on my previously old boat when I got it. Don’t know about class rules but this sure makes things easy.

Attachments

• F16D3F87-6671-4008-BA34-E19A8B046CAB.jpeg
    F16D3F87-6671-4008-BA34-E19A8B046CAB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62

Back