this sucks

sailor327

:mad: it sucks to live on the central east coast of florida right now. i live in vero beach florida and where a sail we cant sail their for like a month because the water is so contaminated with oil, gas and sewage. it sucks because we hav been hit directly with both hurricane jeanne and francis. :mad:

I live on the east coast of Florida too, but farther north in Titusville. We have been affected by three hurricanes: Charley, Frances, and Jeanne. The water where I sail is littered with broken boats, stuff from those boats, the docks, and the wooden break water which fell apart. We have to be careful when we sail out of the marina area, but at least we can sail. I do really clean up after sailing in potentially contaminated water but we have not had the sewage problems that Vero has had. Hopefully the tropics will quiet down!

thats cool i have freinds in titusville i normally sail at the jensen us sailing center but they are temporaraly closed. people ive talked to who ent sailing said that their skin burns if thet get dipped in the water because of all the oil and gas. the water looks like ice tea.

Hi Sam and Cindy,
German-TV reported very much about this hurricanes and twisters - all very terrible.
If I would be you, I would not go out to sail in that water in the moment. Keep care of your health, you have only one.
Hope all becomes good at least in your region again!
LooserLu

"america sucks & australia rules"

A.) Please elaborate.
B.) Are you more than 12 years old?
C.) Either way, my dog is more clever than this.

ok i will elaborate mr angry pants i am more than 12 years old & your dog must b extreamly smart i would like to meet dis dog or mabe i could buy this dog off u for a large sum of money america sucks because part of america is at the moment being attacked by hurricanes u can not sail where there have been as of the devostation caussed by the hurricanes & australia rules because there hase been no devostation & we can sail so mr nerd dog BACKOFF

keiran searle AUS said:
ok i will elaborate mr angry pants i am more than 12 years old & your dog must b extreamly smart i would like to meet dis dog or mabe i could buy this dog off u for a large sum of money america sucks because part of america is at the moment being attacked by hurricanes u can not sail where there have been as of the devostation caussed by the hurricanes & australia rules because there hase been no devostation & we can sail so mr nerd dog BACKOFF
*mr angry pants?
*dis?
*mabe?
*devostation?
*mr nerd dog?
Seriously, how old?

And when replying to accusations that your 12- learn to spell, and try not to sound that your negotiating you way out of a playpen

hey america doesn't suck just because hundreds of people are out of power and home just because of hurricanes. and hey before making fun of us i would like to see you live without power folr almost a month.

I miss NZ... :(

The wind, the waves, the girls...

No offense to America but compared to NZ the wind here sucks...(im in Boston, MA :eek: )

ha ha ha, america does suck, we never get any bad stuff happenin here in australia, i have heard that australia has the some of the best waters in the world. i bet i could live without power for as long as i needed, its called using the bush ways, you looser. bet you dont have any races that are as noturious as the sydney to hobart do you? no.

hello, i am using a dual monitor computer right now, i can now monitor twice as much sailing related websites. i am da coolest kid in school.

I would have to say all of you are wrong, lake erie sailing is the best and everyone who sails on lake erie knows it. I hope one day all of you will realize we are the best.......

Mike

The waves are great on lake erie. The max i sailed on the lake was 6 footers. those were good sufers and you could not see the boat in front of you.

I think we should all chill in this conversation. The only thing that really matters is that we all do and can sail. (not always). And that we are all Laser sailers which we should all be able to agree on is close to impossible to beat. So no matter where we sail, with how much wind and when, doesnt matter, but the fact that we can all sail, and be greatful enough to do so and to be able to talk about it here on the web.

ye, but i bet they are no way near as good as we get on the bay i sail on. we get waves in 15-20 knots that are like 2.5m, which is over 6 ft by heaps.

well I sail out of Lake Ontario, now we don't usually get huges waves where I sail cuz most of the time the wind comes from the north so it is shifty , and we don't normally get huges waves because of it.

At least we Americans dont have to worry about getting eaten by a great white shark, and speaking with a funny accent.
We're the koolest country in the world because the three most powerful people in world are Bush, Dick and Colon.

HAHA, alright i didnt want to take part in this one, but now were kinda pushing it here, three most powerful...probably not but maybe. Three most un civilizaed idiots, definatly.

never seen a shark whilst sailing in all my life, only time ive seen a great white shark is on TV, & america aint that cool, all the best boats are designed in australia & new zealand, so you guys are shit, where is your worlds fastest boat? no where.
ohh & you americans do have the stupidest accent in the world. a lot of americans that i have chatted to are thick as shit. you guys do suck.

As much as I hate to get sucked into this kind of discussion, I must say my part. To the Aussie's credit, Australia is an awesome cointinent that I'd love to visit and is home to some great sailing as well as the birth place of the Bethwaite fleet. All of my sailing coaches are from New Zealand and they are all by far the coolest people I've ever met. From what they say (and they've sailed EVERYWHERE) New Zealand is one of the top places.

But to the credit of the rest of the world, France is home to some of the fastest designs today. The world record shattering 140 Mari-Cha 4 (www.mari-cha4.com) was designed and built in france. French built and designed Open 60's and boats of that sort are also dominating many of their respective classes. Not to mention the last America's Cup, which I'm sure we're all aware of.

And certaintly don't forget the reason we're all here, the Laser, built in Canada but with much credit going to America.

And about the accent, I think it's awesome. Our coaches get so many chicks from it. It's unbelievable.

ha ha ha ha, mari cha 4 was designed by Greg Elliott ( http://www.mari-cha4.com/pub/public_www/the_yacht/technical.phpone down the bottom) of the best designers in the world, designing kick arse boats that are way ahead of their time, he is from new zealand. he would have been the designer of the hull because he knows exactly how to get the best from the boat. america's cup boats are slow. if you look at the sports boats, all the new designs have been influenced by Greg Elliott's boats. ohh & who were the first to beat your ac defenders, australia.

Glenn W. said:
At least we Americans dont have to worry about getting eaten by a great white shark, and speaking with a funny accent.
We're the koolest country in the world because the three most powerful people in world are Bush, Dick and Colon.
I yesterday read in our newspaper here, that last week a Surfer at a beach (200m distance to the shorline) in California was catched by a shark (the Surfer survied).
LooserLu
By the way, I love the Continents of America and Australia (or Australia and America), but I don´t understand why they must grumble to each other. Unfortunately in this live I´m not able to vistit both to find out why.

Keep cool there at the Land of ( now dead) Superman and the Land of Crocodile Dundee
G´Day
LooserLu

I only hate america because of a few reasons, 1 our prime minister, suckin up to GWB, 2 I don't like GWB (cause he looks as week as piss & to me isn't a very good president compareds to america's last president) & what he has done to america & what he is doing to other countries, did i tell you that i dislike john howard our prime minister? cause i do.
and another reason i dislike a few of the americans that i have chatted to is because of their arrogance & the fact that they think that they are the best in the world.

Back