This Certainly is a Silly Thread

Should I add a poll to this thread?

• Total voters
Dedicated to Gouv & Merrily

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQiJdf-ebIs"]YouTube - Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands[/ame]

football_ref_touchdown_hclear.gif

wow. I just went on line and a am 150 pounds lighter...in teh wallet. just signed up for teh masers worlds.

I think this is a record for earliest I heve ever entered a regatta

wow. I just went on line and a am 150 pounds lighter...in teh wallet. just signed up for teh masers worlds.

I think this is a record for earliest I heve ever entered a regatta

Most I ever paid for a regatta. At least the exchange have improved slightly. Last summer it would have been $300. Now it's "only" $220. It's just noise in what the whole trip is going to cost anyway.

It's almost baseball season again and The bad news is Steve is still dead but his songs live on>>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xBxZGQ1dJk&feature=related"]YouTube - Steve Goodman: A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request[/ame]

VOTE TODAY

sorry...I know.. that's not silly...and borders on p-olitical...but I am not advoating for either side...

Just go pull a lever or ten.

Vote early...Vote often

Europeans, don't forget: Today it is election day for the European Parliament.

In attachment, I introduce to you the new tiny member in our garden. It sure is born at Easter 2009, very shy and yes, it was not easy to get it in front of the lense. We now call him (or her) "Fred Jr." (or "Frederike Jr.") ;)

Ciao
LooserLu

Attachments

• Fred Jr..jpg
    Fred Jr..jpg
    103 KB · Views: 69
In attachment, I introduce to you the new tiny member in our garden. It sure is born at Easter 2009, very shy and yes, it was not easy to get it in front of the lense. We now call him (or her) "Fred Jr." (or "Frederike Jr.") ;)

Ciao
LooserLu

Awwww......

Zoophyte, is that Dairy Queen's ice cream cake version of the view looking to the north shore from Jericho beach?

Zoophyte, is that Dairy Queen's ice cream cake version of the view looking to the north shore from Jericho beach?
Nope, but you could be misled by the texture. It's actually an original piece of acrylic artwork called 'Jericho Morning' by Kris Borowski, a local Vancouver artist.

Excerpt from his website --> http://www.krisborowskistudio.com/
"Kris was born in Poland and educated at the School of Architecture and Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. The visual arts have been his abiding passion since childhood.

After completing his Master's degree, he left Poland to take up a Ford Foundation scholarship in London, England. Two years later he moved to Rome, where he worked as an architect, one of his projects being a new wing for the Vatican Museum. He traveled widely in Europe, drawing and painting, and began to exhibit and sell his work.

He then settled in England, where he established an architectural practice in Henley-on-Thames around 1970 and continued to paint and draw.

In 1976 he moved to Vancouver, where he was principal of an architectural firm until 1996. Since then he has devoted his time entirely to painting. His work has been shown in many galleries in Vancouver and London and featured on CBC Radio and Television."

A few years ago some of his artwork was on display at JSCA

Here's another classic Vancouver Harbour scene.

Attachments

• lighthouse-park.jpg
    lighthouse-park.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 78
as obvious as it is that the world is 3/4 water and 1/4 land it is made perfectly clear that god intends us to spend 3/4 of our timesailing and just 1/4 of our time doing other things on land

P.S.: "Silly" was a very famous band of professional musicians from former East Germany (GDR/DDR) and has been well known at West Germany (FRG/BRD) loooong time before "the wall" has been teared down. The female singer Tamara Danz and the drummer of Silly did already die by cancer.

Mmmmm, chocolate milk!

I may be thirty-something but I still LOVE chocolate milk. So much that I would never allow any to be spilled :)

Attachments

• chocolatemilk.jpg
    chocolatemilk.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 58
Do bats have taste buds that can discriminate between really tasty bugs and not so tasty? And do bats wonder what those bugs may have recently eaten?..."Mmmmmm that mosquito just bit somebody with A positive blood."

Do bats have taste buds that can discriminate between really tasty bugs and not so tasty? And do bats wonder what those bugs may have recently eaten?..."Mmmmmm that mosquito just bit somebody with A positive blood."

Of course bats have taste buds. How else would they know to spit out poisonous bugs? If you go for a walk at night, watch out for bat spit. So Gouv, you ought to use an umbrella in all conditions at night. Hmmm...I believe there could be a market for Anti-Bat Spit Umbrellas. Glow in the dark so you don't need a flashlight.

Also, they certainly would know if a mosquito was engorged with blood. Not so sure about ability to type. I can type just by moving my fingers across the keyboard. I type in the key of E flat minor.

Back