This Certainly is a Silly Thread

Should I add a poll to this thread?

• Total voters
How many rednecks does it take eat a 'possum?

Two. One to eat, and one to watch out for traffic.

DeadPossum.jpg

How many Laser sailors does it take to read a book?

Three. One to read it, one to complain about the durability of the pages, and one to ask questions about whether it would be legal to modify the pages to be made of kevlar, or perhaps to add a JC strap to help keep the cover open.

Three. One to read it, one to complain about the durability of the pages, and one to ask questions about whether it would be legal to modify the pages to be made of kevlar, or perhaps to add a JC strap to help keep the cover open.

No. It's four. You forgot the one to reply first to the post on the forum about the book even though I have nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

definatly not about me ... i banged myself up pretty good last week ...

WOAH HANG ON ... that was serious! ..um ....er....... cr*p

definatly not about me ... i banged myself up pretty good last week ...

WOAH HANG ON ... that was serious! ..um ....er....... cr*p

Me too. Still have a scar on my shin. No idea how I did it but it definitely happened while Laser sailing... or Laser capsizing more likely.

That dumping is a pain in the ass. Once at a North Americans I rounded a weather mark ahead of Mark Mendelblatt in ONE race and proceeded to dump about ten times before managing to point my boat at the leeward mark.

After the race, on shore, where Mark was already in and un rigged because he broke his top section in the race after my dumparama, he said, " I don't think I have ever dumped a Laser in a race. Maybe that is why I am so slow off wind."

OK I knew Mark was not the fastest sailor downwind becuase I had occasionally seen him in front at a weather mark and in second or third at the leeward mark. But, SLOW??? I ws impressed. The guy knew his game had a flaw and he obviously was interested in fixing it.
He didn't get up to Scheidt speed, but Mark did get a second in the worlds a couple years after he made that comment.

Sorry, was this silly enough/??

Scheidt speed? is it calculated in knots mph or something else... or maybe Robert scheidts speed is uncalculable which makes him so good

you shood be out sailing more instead of going on Laser forum to talk about rednecks eating possums lol

We had barbecued possum after the races today. It was suny, warm and nearly windless. Not only were our necks red, but nobody wore hiking pants this weekend and the girls had red knees.
( Keep it clean now)

Sorry. I lost the thread of the discussion some way back there. Now I get it.

So what's the best way to keep a possum's knees clean?

Do they wear knee pads?

No need, when they are playing possum, just stroll up and wash 'em. That reminds me, my nephew-in-law has a pest control company. He went to a woman's house to remove a dead opossum from a closet. She asked how much and when she heard $50, she picked it up and carried it to her yard herself. He's like, lady, the price was high because that was a live animal. She freaked when she saw it get up and saunter away.

Back