This Certainly is a Silly Thread

Should I add a poll to this thread?

• Total voters
Ish, here's something from my toes:

There now is your insular city of the Manhattoes, belted round by wharves as Indian isles by coral reefs - commerce surrounds it with her surf. Right and left, the streets take you waterward. Its extreme down-town is the battery, where that noble mole is washed by waves, and cooled by breezes, which a few hours previous were out of sight of land. Look at the crowds of water-gazers there.

So, inspired by this silliness, I start4ed a thread on sailing Anarchy where I ho[pe to post the entire book. So far in just a few hours we are 40 pages into the book.

I think there is some on line cut and pasting going on. I typed my parts.

There is not a copyrite problem, it has long ago expired.

So, inspired by this silliness, I start4ed a thread on sailing Anarchy where I ho[pe to post the entire book. So far in just a few hours we are 40 pages into the book.

I think there is some on line cut and pasting going on. I typed my parts.

There is not a copyrite problem, it has long ago expired.

Cute. Some people DO have too much time.

But did you type it from memory? Yes, I cut and pasted with my toes.

It's copyright, Gouv. You make it sound like a sacred ceremony. (It sort of is to those of us who own one!)

Harriett Beecher Stowe lost her copyright to Uncle Tom's Cabin. In her bid to stop illegal printing of her book, a judge denied her rights, saying she had written too important a book that was for the people. No one person could claim it. (or some such wording)

But that isn't silly. How about this?

Oo ee, oo aa aa, walla walla bing bang!

Cute. Some people DO have too much time.

But did you type it from memory? Yes, I cut and pasted with my toes.

It's copyright, Gouv. You make it sound like a sacred ceremony. (It sort of is to those of us who own one!)

I had to go back and look three times to see why you were reminding me of the importance of kahpeerytz...then I realized it was my poor spelling upon which you were attempting to focus my limited attention..

Should I be giving you grief for leaving out "ting tang??" Or did you deliberately leave it out to avoid having to send a nickle to ASCAP??

Should I be giving you grief for leaving out "ting tang??" Or did you deliberately leave it out to avoid having to send a nickle to ASCAP??

I do like to be frugle, but in this case, it is my limited memory of lyrics. And I thought it was the Purple People Eater song, not the Witch Doctor. How does the Purple People Eater song go, anyway? One of my brothers had a Purple People Eater plastic action figure. It was purple. It had to be one of the first Purple People Eater items and one of the first action figures. Obviously, I like typing Purple People Eater.

There is a one eyed one horned flying purple people laser sailor, a one-eyed one-horned flying purple people laser sailor... kk im done thx bye

Shown here is a flying purple people beater.

80589%20whumping%20Faust.jpg

Now that color combo'll make your eyes bleed! Purple hull, red, yellow, blue sail, and red haired guy. I hope your wife lays your clothes out in the morning for you, Gouv!

Er...or did you mean the powerboat? It's kind of hard to see the hull color of the Laser on my screen.

Shown here is a flying purple people beater.

80589%20whumping%20Faust.jpg

Alright. Get a mirror. Look at the photo and hold your breath. Sooner or later you should see some purple.

Do you see any yet??

Now??

How about now??

if i turn my monitor upside down .. and change the colour settings and the contrast ... i think i can see purple.

I see Purple People. . .Eaters.

Ah, well, Halloween is over. We only got three Trick or Treaters. :( We live a bit out of the way. My husband used to dress up as a Mad Scientist to answer the door at our old house where we had dozens of kids. No use doing that here. So now I have to go eat a bag of candy--

Has a quote from me become Merrily's signature??

now that IS silly

No matter what, nobody will ever know I am famous.

I am flattered.

Too bad the "laser" thread is closed. I didn't notivce it was closed for being other than a LASER thread until I had found a source for him.

I know nothing about lasers and it took less than a minute on Google. What a mentally lazy person the laser guy must be.

We should put HIM on the SHELF below a window.

I am advocating that here

Because this

is

a

Thread

about

that

which

is

sill he

just a thought ... what is the longest thread that has ever existed in TLF??? Wonder if we could be silly enough here for ever!! :eek:

That has been my stated intention from teh start. A silly idea but it is friday and I have a trailer outside with five Lasers on it and I am going to Wurstfest!!!

thats impressive ... the most lasers i have sailed at once was 4 ... took lots of gaff tape i can tell you!

I just took the puppy to doggie school and the prof didn't show up. Back in my college days tehre was a 15 minute rule. If teh prof was not there fifteen minutes after the scheduled start of class, the students were free to elave.

of course, I didn't ever see the point of hurrying to elave, I was paying to hear the prof and had no other plans for teh nextr hour and sitting the room reading and waiting was a gtreat use of my time...and teh prof sometimes would show up even later and rtalk to those who stayed...more personal attention and help...another good thing.

But I digress.

How many puppy minutes should he have to wait?? Two and a fraction might be the doggie years answer.

Anyway, we hung out twwenty and he wandered around teh room playing only a litle bit with the other dogs and mostly repeatedly going to check the door where the prof usually enters.

I think he just wanted the endless treats she gives him. But...maybe the puppy mind had other thoughts.

he finally gave up and started romping around with the labs.... Until we all; decided to go.

I had to finish getting ready for Wurstfest so I needed the time anyway.

Silly place to start.

Raced lasers in the Vancouver area back in the 1980's, love to get back out there next summer.

CRB

First ever post on the TLF and its in the Silly Section!!! :D welcome to TLF may your stay be useful and silly.... god bless Australia.

p.s. dogs can bite

p.p.s. so can I

First ever post on the TLF and its in the Silly Section!!! :D welcome to TLF may your stay be useful and silly.... god bless Australia.

p.s. dogs can bite

p.p.s. so can I

Did you hear about the man who bit the dog? It was Gouvernail at Wurstfest.

Also, welcome to CRB! Hope your quest to get back into Lasers is not silly.

ya .... it was front page news here in Australia .. we have nothing better to talk about than Governail biting a dog.

My husband and I have been house hunting. We looked at a place close to our sailing club yesterday. The first thing that you saw when you came in the front door was the bathroom. The washer/ dryer hookups were in the livingroom. The toilet in the basement was stepped up half the height to get it to flush, so when you opened the door to it, it truly looked like a throne. The second and third floor decks out back were so shaky you felt in peril. The lot was small. This house was an old "fishing shack" that overlooked the river. The seller wanted $379,000 for a tear-down on a $150,000 lot. Now that's silly!

Our local evening news tonight led with a top story about a girl who was bitten by her four foot python.

It seems she didn't know it was out of its cage. Her alarm went off. The snake was sleeping with her ( warmth?) and when she lunged for the alarm, the smake lunged for her hand.

Then it wrapped itself around her arm.

Forty five minutes later.

and you're gonna love this...

because the "news" of the bite had spread to the morning drive time radio talk show

One of the listeners called in to say he knew exactly what to do.

Somehow the advice was passed to the paramedics and...

They used some chlorine and the fumes made the snake let go.

or was it ammonia?

Damn I forgot. Good thing I don't have pet snakes

Besides...Bunnies and snakes don't go together well

Back