There is a kid posting Sunfish videos on YouTube

How do we "subscribe"?

(I might need a screenshot)... :confused:
Click on the word Youtube near bottom right to watch it on the YT website rather than embedded here. Then you should see a big red SUBSCRIBE button just below ant to the left of the film.

I like how he flakes his lines.
Looks like a Yosemite flake? We flake our climbing ropes that way. When you toss them down a cliffside, they unwrap without tangles. Can also double up so the midpoint is at the loop, which is good for setting a top rope anchor. I even bundle my extension cords that way!

Looks like a Yosemite flake? We flake our climbing ropes that way. When you toss them down a cliffside, they unwrap without tangles. Can also double up so the midpoint is at the loop, which is good for setting a top rope anchor. I even bundle my extension cords that way!
Its how I do it too. Although I didn't know it was called that. Mine dont tend to be that neat as I am normally doing it in the back of a fast-moving rib after taking up all the marks after a days racing.

Nice video. How has he rigged it so that the boom doesn't drop to the deck when he lowers the sail? I'd like to be able to do that. I have a Sunfish, not a mini sunfish.

Another video, but at a more frantic speed. :eek:
Don't know from where it was sourced. :confused:

The videographer fumbles with the camera early-on, so a jump ahead to the halfway point is advised.

Impressive that the powerboat/camera struggles to keep up. :cool:

Here is another video from the same day it looks like (you can see Sunfish 109 from the above video in the background.) Per the Youtube description, these were taken at the 2010 South Americans in Paracas, Peru - looks like they were practicing.

Back