The Official US Masters Thread

torrid

Just sailing
Little over a week to go, and I can't wait. One of my favorite place to sail, and I REALLY need a break from work. Who all is going? Looks like there are close to 40 boats pre-registered.

I agree, I've always had a great time sailing at Wrightsville Beach and am looking forward to heading out there next week too!

I don't know how often they update the entries... there are two of us coming from SF Bay, David Lapier and myself, and neither of us show up yet on the entry list.

I don't (yet) know everyone on the list... but I do recognize several "heavy hitters" who are going to be tough to beat! Should be some great racing!

how do the "Laser Class" age brackets go again??

being 20, I've just aged out of Junior sailing..

ahh yes, very nice, thank you tracy!

"Master's are broken into four age divisions: Apprentice (35-44 years old), Master (45-54 years old), Grand Master (55-64 years old) and Great Grand Master (65+)"

soo if your under 35, what are you? happy to not be on social security?

42 boats as of this morning. So what is a typical percentage of pre-registrants for a regatta like this? For most district-level events, it seems to run 25-30%. I'm sure the percentage is much higher for a national event. If we get too many boats, parking at the club could be a problem.

I'm stoked. Dropped aver 20 pounds and actually did some PT for my first official outing at a master only event. In my head I'm already there....

2 years ago at the US Open NA's that ocean was pretty humiliating with 20+ and big seas. My goal this year is to work a little better with mother ocean. Hopefully the PT will help.

58 boat registered so far. Forecast is for sun, upper 70s, and 10-15 mph. Looking real good.

Check list:

Beer- check
Scotch- check
Sun screen- check

Ummm. What else? Oh, boat and sailing gear- check.

61 boats registered. Looks like we'll probably have at least 70 old farts out there. Some really good ones too.

Leaving in a few minutes. Looks like it should be a good weekend. I've leaving the computer at home 'cuz it reminds me too much of work.

torrid out

What a great time! Great people! It was my first masters event and compared to regular open events I found the party scene to be really great. Our host Arland Whitesides did a fantastic job with a first rate dinner, door prizes and bar cordination. The sailing gave us every condition. Finally the sea breeze arrived on Sunday and even though I took a BFD on the next to last race I came back for my best finish of the event on the final race and enjoyed an epic ride in surfing large 4 ft + breaking swells. Masters events are now top of my regatta wish list. Hope everyone had a great trip home!

To my fellow "Lasa Gangsta's" "CC" baby!

The sailing gave us every condition. Finally the sea breeze arrived on Sunday and even though I took a BFD \

What does BFD mean? "Black Flag - Disqualified"? Or maybe "so I was over early, what's the BFD"?

My sarcasm aside, excellent job Chip and Arland.

Back