The latest and Greatest Outhaul Rigging

wubbena

Does anyone have some pics or a good description of the best way to rig your outhaul. I have just moved from Laser 2's to Lasers due to lack of participation in the 2's and the laser I bought has all the go fast mods on it. However it didnt have according to the seller the best outhaul set up. SO....I am wondering if anyone out there may have some good images of their rig or a good text description of it. I am set to sail with 3 of the district Champs down here and I would like to have my boat set up and looking sharp. Thanks to all that have some pointers.

Jim Wubbena
Savannah, Ga. :D

There is an article with the 'latest' outhaul on dr.laser... do a search on dr.laser outhaul and you'll find it. It'll say you've gotta be some kind of member to read it but if you're in North America (which you are!) you can get access just by verifying that your computer's IP address is in the States...

You can also perform some searches here on the forum. This topic has been discussed a good bit and there is a lot of helpful information archived. A search for "outhaul" brings up 2 full pages of results.

Good Luck!

Not to have a grudge match, but Tom is a whinny little Australian boy, who obviously hasn't taken many sciences in school, and sails 4.7's against 12 year olds and is happy that he won.

LETS KEEP IT NICE PLEASE. Flame wars will not be allowed here at The Laser Forum.

Thank you,

I agree with Bradley.......If you two have a grudge take it out on the water....I just want some good points on the questions I ask....

Thanks to all that replied. I have found the answer on all the sites listed as well as Roostersail.com Thanks again.

If anyone is in Division 12....I hope to see ya in N.C. in April.

Thanks
Jim W.
Savannah, Ga. :p

tom and radialater, settle down......

everyone is entitled to their own opinion

i would understand this fight if one of you was a cat sailor......

Hi,

The replies by Murphs and Jim W. to the "correspondence" between Tom Scully and Nick Roberts (Radialater) is quite a good example how the subscribers of this forum can and should regulate themselves, whenever necessary, and deal with those who may use this platform in a publicly unacceptable manner.

Some Laser Forum subscibers may occasionally display a lack of understanding of internet communication conventions and consideration for their friends' times and feelings. Some will display a lack of understanding of the implications of using up of private or public scarce resources. Before jumping in and "setting them straight", it is usually a good idea to consider that such uncivil behaviour may be the result of an honest lack of knowledge regarding the generally accepted principles of internet communications.

There are ten rules we can all try to follow:

Rule 1: Remember the Human
Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior
online that you follow in real life
Rule 3: Know where you are in cyberspace
Rule 4: Respect other people's time and bandwidth
Rule 5: Make yourself look good online
Rule 6: Share your expert knowledge
Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control
Rule 8: Respect other people's privacy
Rule 9: Don't abuse your power, if any
Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes.

Regarding the "exchange" between Mr. Scully and Mr. Roberts, that was close to "flaming". But maybe only a "low quality" flame. Quoting from Virginia Shea:
........ Begin Quote ............
"Flaming" is what people do when they express a strongly held opinion without holding back any emotion. It's the kind of message that makes people respond, "Oh come on, tell us how you really feel." Tact is not its objective.

Does Netiquette forbid flaming? Not at all. Flaming is a long-standing network tradition (and Netiquette never messes with tradition). Flames can be lots of fun, both to write and to read. And the recipients of flames sometimes deserve the heat.

But Netiquette does forbid the perpetuation of flame wars -- series of angry letters, most of them from two or three people directed toward each other, that can dominate the tone and destroy the camaraderie of a discussion group. It's unfair to the other members of the group. And while flame wars can initially be amusing, they get boring very quickly to people who aren't involved in them. They're an unfair monopolization of bandwidth.
........ End Quote ...........

Murphs and Jim: Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Dr. Shevy Gunter

PS. Brad: Please move this and the related posts (after some time) to an appropriate thread , if necessary.

REF: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

Back