The C5: What we know so far

LaLi

I will discuss the Laser, sea trials, 2024 Olympics, etc today at 4 PM EST -- on Sailing Illustrated.
I just watched this live, but there wasn't much new to discuss in relation to the "C" rigs. ILCA is actually probably doing a good job of not pushing the new rigs too fast, while LP is doing what LP does - that is, not being very cooperative with anybody.

You made a big deal how the Laser "pathway" with the three rigs is original. Well... the Melges 14 and the RS Aero both have three rig sizes as well, and the D-Zero has two. They provide similar pathways, and so would the "C" rigs in the future.

(This is off-topic for this thread, but really, it's almost amusing to see how hard it seems for some that the Finn is dropping out of the Olympics. Weren't eighteen consecutive games enough?)

Many of us don't 'do' Facebook...
:(
I am one of them, but this was watchable without signing in.

_

Rob B

(This is off-topic for this thread, but really, it's almost amusing to see how hard it seems for some that the Finn is dropping out of the Olympics. Weren't eighteen consecutive games enough?)

_
The Finn was the last chance for big guys to sail in the Olympics. The Star class was the other. The current platforms are not friendly for anyone over 180lbs.(if that) I also believe the Finn is a more difficult and more physical boat to sail than the Laser.