the best sailing and safety equipment

pzl&24

whats the best life jacket ,hiking pants ,gloves .boots .......

life jackets: gill makes a good one but its time for a new one:confused:

hiking pants : i use camet 1000 but the are no good they dont grab you tight
and when you are hiking the laser will get betwen the battens and your butt and thats pain :eek: wich ones are better

gloves :ronstan sticky gloves with 3 full fingers these are the best ones

boots :i think gill boots are good but the ones with laces are very very hard to put on but the zip boots are good

what's your favorite

Boots: Gul All Purpose Zip Boots.
Spray Top: Gul 3-Layer Breathable Sports Boat Smock
Wetsuit: Gul short-arm dinghy wetsuit.
Hikers: Magic marine pads.
Gloves: Don't wear them for laser sailing, but Musto short finger for kite trimming big boats.
Life Jacket: Any with a side zip, pocket, elastic sides and un-obstrusive fit.

Life Jacket: Extra Sport - I have one and I love it!!

Hiking pants: Sailing Angles - don't have them but my sailing coach is a Sailing Angles representative and they look awesome!!

Gloves - Again Sailing Angles - they make 4 fingered, 3 fingered and no fingered cut offs. All SOOO confortable and superly paddded.

Boots - Gill zip ups

Spray top - Gill breathable dinghy smock. Make sure it is the one with neoprene around all openings. It usually runs for $129 Have it and Love IT!!!

Oh, right...

Rashguard - Camet - either the Hawaiian one or the regular white one.

Wetsuit - O'neil - I don't think this really matters but i have an O'neil and Love IT!!

I had a really good O'neil wet suit before i grew out of it. It was a shortie with really thin arms to allow easy movement.

i sail with no rash guard but they are some very good ones named "lost enterprises" its a surf brand but they make tho coolest desings and last longer then other ones neilpryde makes good rashguards too

PFD - Lotus or Salus
Boots - Gill (either)
Gloves - Don't use the things
hiking Pants - I use Magic Marine 3/4 length but would like a pair of SEA Airprene Breathables 3/4 length.
Other stuff - Wet suit socks from MEC and lots of lycra to protect my gear.
cheers,
Steve.

Back