Thanks for the add-

Chowda

Just picked up Hull #3111 (1989) this past week end- It is pretty good shape- can't wait to get out on the water
I'm in my early 50's and haven't sailed since a teenager when I sailed Turnabouts & AMF Pintails- hope its like riding a bike-
Was looking for something that would be trailerable and beach launch able. Looks like this will fit the bill.
Previous owner bought new sails- only been used a couple of times complete with roll fuller jib. I've got the optiparts mast float on the way and will try to get by with a PVC/Rope ladder for now. I'm assuming I'll be getting wet as I get my sea legs back. It looks like some people find it tippy.

You made a good choice, they are very seaworthy. The first couple times out may be a rough, but sure it will all come back to you, if you sail enough. Good luck!

Launched off the beach yesterday. Some success. Light winds so no capsize. However after pulling up on beach to change crew, second time out centerboard was stuck up and wound up just floundering down the beach with the wind and current and had to walk her back. Thinking seals are shot and pulling it up on the beach got sand up in the slot.

Back