tell tale replacement

cmnative

How do I know exactly where to place my tell tales on my jib and main. I just had them cleaned and they came back with no tell tales. Strange, but true.

On the main, just at the batton pockets on the leech . Some sailors like three, I just want the one on the top batton only.

For the jib, three on each side, about 7-9" back from the luff, the lower two about 30" above the foot (steer to those ) then just equally spaced above that on either side of the sail. imho:)

Thanks a million. Im glad the telltales were removed(or got washed off) to give the sails a good cleaning, but I never measured where to replace them. Thank you again, Ill be back on the water tomorrow...

You said..." the lower two(telltales) about 30" above the foot..." on the jib. do you mean that there are two on each side of the jib. I have seen a picture of that set-up, and if I can find it again I will post it. Or do you mean one on each side of sail?? I know some people are shaking thier heads( and I would too) but I just had to ask.

rotator.php

See the man in the blue shirt......look at his jib. Im not crazy am I???

No problem. One on each side of the sail, not two together on the same side. Atleast one more on each side of the sail 4 or so feet up from the lower pair.

My sails don't have any telltales and I am wondering, what material do you guys use and how do you attach them?

Here is a shot showing the jib tell tales, in their original config... Trim is poor in this picture, probably because we were coming about, around the motorboat to raft up. You can see on the main too, the tell tales, and the shadow of the one on the starboard side.

So that is 2 per side.

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 88

Back