Take 2 Sunfish—Make Catamaran?

Wow, this sounds like a big event, I might be around here for this,.... wait,...... I'm already here. The weather is not looking to good for the 5th, Issac is coming to visit with us.

L&VW

:confused: Three minutes ago, I just sent off a message to the participants about this awful weather! Another three minutes pass, and the sun comes out, and the wind picks up. We're going to play this regatta "by ear". ;)

It can change...this IS New England!:rolleyes:

"Rain-date" will be next week some time.

There is car and trailer parking across the street—as above—but a dolly will work at my place, it turns out.

L&VW

The "planets were aligned" for a Regatta of at least five Sunfish sailors. :cool:

The "rainy" weather turned out sunny, but all of the other Sunfish sailors for my "Regatta" advised me they were going to stay home. :oops: (Except for my Navy buddy, who had the longest drive to get here!) :confused: We decided to go shopping in Wolfeboro, instead of seeing what the weather was going to do. What appeared from mid-morning onward, was open and blue skies—NO rain—not one drop! :rolleyes:

The offer is still open for the Sunfishamaran, but we'll have to postpone anything else for next season—as I'll be closing up this "two-season" cottage soon.

Maybe try again next June? :)

baseman

On the Water
Went out on Lake Winnie yesterday with Light and Variable Winds in light and variable wind. Great weather and great hospitality. Could have used a bit more air movement :) The lake is a bit quieter this time of year, not too many power boats out.

L&VW

Went out on Lake Winnie yesterday with Light and Variable Winds in light and variable wind. Great weather and great hospitality. Could have used a bit more air movement :) The lake is a bit quieter this time of year, not too many power boats out.

That's worth repeating! ;)

A nearby beach is turning into a better location for launches than the "official" launch-ramp. I'm already "thinking-forward" to May...:)

BTW: My user-name was inspired from NOAA "continuous-loop-broadcasts", where NOAA's Robo-Voice says "Light and Variable Winds" in an almost musical way. We do get some winds here to inspire even the most jaded Sunfish sailor!

baseman

On the Water
Interesting thing about the beach launch. It worked well for me because I have a dolly and there is room to get by the chained off entrance to the beach. One other thing I noticed is there are two channel markers not far from the beach. About half way to the markers there is a submerged bolder almost dead center between the two (so much for markers). If there had been more chop I might not have seen it.

baseman

On the Water
I'm tempted to go get this, but the amount of work required to separate the hulls and get them back to their original condition is probably more than I want to take on.

Last edited by a moderator:

L&VW

Looks like the Sunfishamaran was not a success.
http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/4130167395.html
"The battle" was all uphill, so maybe he lost interest: winter is approaching, and there are plenty of barns in New Hampshire. :cool:

I'd reduce the angle, extend the hulls further apart, and hope that nobody notices the extra width on the highway. ;) (Like I did with my 10-foot wide Matrix catamaran in Florida, miles and miles of travel). :p

baseman

On the Water
The posting on Craigslist has been deleted. Wonder what happened to the Sunfishermaran. Maybe the builder will show up here and let us know.