Media Sydney harbour Dreaming

suthera

Thought I’d post a few photos to let everyone who has been patiently sitting through a Northern winter see what they have been missing. Some of my friends were on the spectator boat for the 18ft Skiff world champs and took this opportunity to grab a few snaps. I went round our leeward mark to find the Skiff start line, complete with 25 starters, and spectator and press craft, right in my way (You can see one of them in the second photo, who ended up losing it right in front of me, and when another one capsized to windward they left me no room to get through to my finish). These were taken right at the end of our second race, the wind strength had been up at 25 knots all day, and I was absolutely Cream Crackered. This is my excuse for looking so slouched in one or two of the shots, and I’m sticking to it.

Although not obvious on the photos, the chop was pretty horrific. There were hundreds of boats out on the harbour that day, racing in many different regattas, and they managed to kick up a right mess. My leech looks a bit ordinary in the first two shots, but I seem to have it sorted for the last two; perhaps I was just getting out of the lee of all the very large spectator crafts, although I reckon more vang wouldn’t have been a bad idea.

Use the Kodak link to enjoy,

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7821n9s.lz3idu8&x=1&y=-8867fx

Cool photos. You need to register to see them but it only takes a second. Can anyone upload pics to Kodak Share? The seaway does look pretty lumpy.

very cool pics......what does "cream crackered" mean....is it like that whole shrimp on the barbi thing? does it ever get cold there? looks nice......terry

calicosine said:
what does "cream crackered" mean....

I don't know for sure, but I'll bet it's rhyming slang. Cream crackered rhymes with knackered, which is English English for exhausted.

Also, anyone can create an account and upload photos to Kodak. After you upload the photos, send them to yourself, click the link, then post the URL here. The beauty is that if someone actually buys prints, you get a credit to buy your own stuff.

For those of you who don't want to register to see the photos...here's best one (you can see the 18 footer in this one):

72323641808_0_ALB.jpg

Back