Surprise

PDF for Lockely Newport Boats Surprise attached.

I bought a Surprise in January and will share photos soon
Thanks for uploading this! I've been looking for this for a long time. Do you have a photo of the mid-boom mainsheet block -- because there is no way to unhook mine when she's on the tailer much less in a howling gale and trying to use the rolling reefer. Thanks to any for any insight

I found these photos online, do they help?

Otherwise I'll try and take photos this week. She's moored on a Lake.

Attachments

• piclockley15100c.jpg
    piclockley15100c.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 63
  • piclockley15100a.jpg
    piclockley15100a.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 60
Thank you! The issue is releasing this block to use the rolling reefing. A strap loop (I don't know the tech. term) is riveted to the boom and the block is fixed. I have assumed from the start that this is what should happen, but there isn't anyway to release this block and using the reefing system runs the risk of damaging the sail. I'm just wondering if this is the original equipment and if not does anyone have an image of such.
1595256432513.png

It would have been helpful at times to have this available.

Hello. This is John and I am a new owner of a Surprise. The problem is that it is missing a rudder. I have the tiller and mounting hardware. Would like to fabricate a new rudder. Need help with the specifications. front/rear length, top/bottom width and front/back thickness. Can anyone help? Thanks

Back