Super Sunfish rigging help

jnail

i recently aquired a super sunfish, and know very little about it. pleas forgive me because I don't know the proper terminology for all the rigging, but i need help aquiring a few missing lines and parts. the boat is mostly complete, but here is what i need:
1.whatever line and clip holds the top of the sale to the top of the mast.

2. the line an/or pullies that go from the traveller, back by the rudder, through the pulleys on the bottom of the boom, forward, to control the boom. I have seen different pictures showing a single lne, or a pulley assembly. what do i need here? I have the pulley and line assembly that attatches the bottom of the boom to the bottom of the mast.

3.it appears that I am missing one or more lines that secure the mast into the boat using the jam cleats on the coaming. what do i need here?

does anyone have any good pictures or rigging instructions for the super sunfish that will help me do all of this?

Thanks in advance. I think I am pretty close to being able to sale this boat as I am missing mostly just lines.

thanks. that helps alot, mine is slightly different as it has the metal bar with the travel on it inside the front of the cockpit for the pulley to attach to. what I am still missing though, is I have done a fair amount of googling, and still cannot work out how the top of the sail is held up.

Not that I have seen a lot of Super Sunfish, but the ones I have seen are rigged like this, with center sheeting to a traveller bar that was mounted in the cockpit. super sunfish - Google Search:

Looks like some people do it as shown in Leob1's link - guess it will depend on what equipment came with your Super.

BTW the purpose of the lines that go to the coaming is not to keep the rig on the boat in case of capsize. One line is to control the outhaul and one the cunningham, altho they probably serve the secondary (and very important ) purpose of keeping the rig in the boat.

mine looks like the one in the picute on this post : here i am missing the pulley assembly closest to the camera.

Back