What's new

Super Sailfish MKII Sail Wanted and other parts

floydvoid

Price $
State
CONNECTICUT
I just found a bare Alcort Super Sailfish MKII, pre metal deck coamings. I would love to get an original sail with the sailfish logo on it, I believe this is the larger sail that is the same as the sunfish- I am still learning. I am also missing the handrails and the hardware from the stern, mast, other rigging. I may have found a rudder and daggerboard locally. The sail is my priority at the moment!

Alan S. Glos

Can't help you with the sail but I just acquired a very nice Sailfish rudder/tiller/tiller extension assembly that may actually be new, old stock. If you are interested, e-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu and I will reply with photos and an asking price.

"Signal Charlie" (AKA Kent Lewis here on the Sunfish Forum) is the the resident expert on Alcort boats including your Super Sailfish MkII. Kent may have a sail with the logo or know where to find one. Find one of his posts and send him a personal message about the sail.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Seaotter5

Concerning the hand rails:

I just found a bare Alcort Super Sailfish MKII, pre metal deck coamings. I would love to get an original sail with the sailfish logo on it, I believe this is the larger sail that is the same as the sunfish- I am still learning. I am also missing the handrails and the hardware from the stern, mast, other rigging. I may have found a rudder and daggerboard locally. The sail is my priority at the moment!

Alan S. Glos

Added: I also have a complete set of spars, mast, upper boom (gaff), and lower boom with blocks and gooseneck that came off a damaged beyond repair 1960s era fiberglass Super Sailfish Mark II. These spars are in very good condition, straight without dents and with rather minimal scratching. They are for the larger 75 sq. ft. sail that the SS Mark II carried. The mast has the original masthead Wilcox Crittenden brass block rather than the plastic end cap with built-in halyard fairlead and the booms have the original Wilcox Crittenden mainsheet blocks with throughbolt harware. I usually ask the following prices for spars like these: Mast - $65, Upper boom, $35, Lower boon - $45, Gooseneck - $38. All connecting hardware and end caps are also included. I also have the bronze rudder attachment hardware that goes on the stern (deck plate, spring plate, keel plate and carriage bolt with wingnut tension adjuster. )

Are you interested in the rudder/tiller assembly and any or all of the above items? I can ship most items but not the spars. I can work up a discounted price if you want all the items. I see you hail from Connecticut. I am in Central NY near Syracuse. Road trip pick-up or meet in Albany, NY?

Let me know either way. Thanks

Alan Glos - Cazenovia, NY
aglos@colgate.eu

floydvoid

Alan- I think for now I’m going to look around locally for some of the larger parts, but if I can’t find everything I will certainly contact you and see what is available. A sailfish sail I am still looking for- which seems easy enough to ship, so that at the moment is my priority item.

Seaotter5

Alan, I wish that this forum would give you a "store" spot where you could post what's available!

Alan S. Glos

Actually there are three of us who run this little Sunfish parts and gear cottage industry, me in Cazenovia, NY, Herb Baker in Lexington, MA and Craig Obara in Smithfield, RI. We all know each other and make referrals when we don't have what 'customers' are seeking. It all works quite well.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
Actually there are three of us who run this little Sunfish parts and gear cottage industry, me in Cazenovia, NY, Herb Baker in Lexington, MA and Craig Obara in Smithfield, RI. We all know each other and make referrals when we don't have what 'customers' are seeking. It all works quite well.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY
It sure does- I’ve purchased parts and sails from all three of you and the service and friendliness are exceptional!

floydvoid

I'm still searching for a Sailfish insignia sail. I've found two sunfish in the process and had a great time with them so far!

Alan S. Glos

floydvoid,

Are you still looking for a Super Sailfish sail with logo? I just bought a fiberglass Super Sailfish Mark II and it came with extra parts and gear including a very nice red and white sail with crisp "Sailfish" logo. I would be happy to sell it to you if you want it. As I mentioned earlier, I also have some other Super Sailfish Mark II components that I am also looking to sell.

Please e-mail me either way. I will have the boat and sail next week and can e-mail you photos and asking prices. No oibligation on your part.

Alan Glos aglos@colgate.edu

Reactions: tag

Alan S. Glos

Too far away for me, and these old fiberglass Sailfish often leaked, soaked up water in the interior foam and ended up weighing as much as 300 lbs. with no practical to dry them out.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

floydvoid

Hi floydvoid,
I’m in central CT and I’ve got a nice set of original handrails from an old wooden Sailfish. Still have the original screws. I also have the shorter rails.
Message me on this forum if you’re interested.
Hello Breeze Bender,

Are these the 41" rails? Where are you located? I'm in the Simsbury area but I roam around to Hartford and other places if needed.

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
Yes, 41”. I was about to list them on craigslist (listed a bunch of boating stuff yesterday)
$40 for the pair
I’m in Farmington. Home today, or could bring them with me to Barkhamsted this weekend.
I sent you a message (click on envelope at top) with my contact info.

Dsoc

I'm still searching for a Sailfish insignia sail. I've found two sunfish in the process and had a great time with them so far!
Are you still looking for an original Sailfish sail in good condition with the logo?

floydvoid

Hello, I was able to find a sail. I may need some rudder hardware, but a local person should have a set for me.

Do you have a sail for sale?

Dsoc

I have a clean Sail. It does have small holes near the gooseneck area. Most are coverd with sail tape. Logo is in decent condition. 1600190482161.png