Sunfishsailboatparts.com defective products

John Boy

I purchased a post 1972 Sunfish daggerboard from the outfit above. The tip warped into a curve almost immediately. Sent it back and company refused to provide a replacement--the green uncured wood warping was my fault!? they said.

Anybody else had trouble with sunfishparts, 544 N. Cameron Ave, Scranton, PA 18504?

If so--everybody be warned--bad gear, bad company, lousy product and support.

Re: Sunfishailboatparts.com defective products

Thanks for the heads up. Good that we look out for each other. I almost made a purchase or two from them but my "spidy senses" were tingling. Glad I moved on.

Re: Sunfishailboatparts.com defective products

Don't think they realize what a bad review on the internet can do to a small business. I know it's standard practice for "Mega Corporations" to blow off customers because they always have 'More Customers.' Post a picture and that should 'Seal The Deal' as far as anyone here using their services. Baa, no pride in craftsmanship left anymore, I get tired of crappy service also.

I purchased a post 1972 Sunfish daggerboard from the outfit above. The tip warped into a curve almost immediately. Sent it back and company refused to provide a replacement--the green uncured wood warping was my fault!? they said.

If this board was a legal one (from LaserPerformance), I would contact the company in RI.

Back