Sunfish with Laser sail

they are completely different sail types so I'm not sure how you could get this to work. additionally, the Laser mast diameter is larger - would it even fit in a Sunfish mast step?

IMG-20220615-WA0006.jpg

to jest możliwe-)

I wanted to do a graft. Laser rig on a sunfish.ir would be fairly easy I think if you can do some composite work
. I really still am interested in a laserfish. Do it.

Have you had that out in any winds close to 20mph? That lower boom must flex a lot.

Is your front sheet pulley attached to a line from the boom?

Are you running the normal laser vang from the bow handle? How much purchase to you do you have.

20220601_173925.jpg

this is what it looks like. it's simpler than laser, but it takes 10 minutes to prepare and it's fun. I did not swim in strong winds - up to a maximum of 3B.

That's certainly interesting; thanks for posting. The vang is most innovative!
Not a Laser, or a Sunfish mast it looks like and not a Laser or Sunfish boom either. Correct?

The sail is definitely original, but I don't know the boom and the mast. the mast in the sail pocket fits perfectly - in the width.

No vang in sight (you really do need one!). It's a JC strap that goes to the bow handle.
The mast and the boom come from some unknown boat(s). The boom is obviously extended, for some sail that has a longer foot than the Laser sail.
Lots of strange details.
What are the leads and cleats near the gunwale for? The Clamcleats mounted on the breakwater? The second horn cleat?
Interesting.

_

Back