Sunfish - Wikipedia page - Let's update some informations, shall we?

zbieraj

Hi all!

Sorry in advance for my English, but since weekend I have huge issues with Danish, English and even Polish :D.

So, I decided to add a Polish version of the Sunfish Wikipedia page. Besides translating it, I already added a few interesting things from its history (including the recent one) that is missingin on the original page.

I need some help though.

1. Pictures

Due to some Creative Commons issues in which some of the images are only available for specific language pages of Wiki, I need some pictures from you guys, if you would be so kind to help, which I could put on Wikipedia. It would be even better if those images would be actually really, really good. Why? In Poland, which has huge amount of sailors, Sunfish is pretty unknown. It would be great to have really great Polish Wiki page about Sunfish with really cool, amazing pictures showing how cool and amazing sailing on Sunfish is :). Also it would be great to receive awesome photos of Super Sunfish and Minifish. PS. The image on Int.Wiki. can not be used on the PL Wiki because of reasons...

2. History

I do have some questions are not in the original article, nowhere on the websites or I am confused with some information. For example:

- There is a lot about Super Sunfish, but very little about Minifish. Can someone add some more information about it, beside the years of production, the fact that it was smaller and so on. Some additional, interesting and relevant facts about it would be great.

- Production. In 2016 the production in China started. In 2018 the production lines started in both UK and Portugal. Can someone tell me why it started in both of those last countries in the same time?

- ISCA website is a mess. Can someone tell me where and when the World Championships were held first time in other country than US and where it was held year by year after that?

- On the Wiki page there is the information:
  • There are three continental and nine national championships regularly
They mean in US?

I will write more questions on the way of updating the hole thing.

Here is a preview of how it looks now (it is a WIP-Wiki document, not officialy published under "Sunfish").

Bonus

I am already in contact with the graphic designer - author of graphics of 60th Edition Sunfish and I asked him to add some more insight behind that work and design (besides the public information). This later on can help to update the English version of the Wiki page.

Actually I hope that this would benefit overall the original Wiki page of Sunfish. Therefore I believe, that by helping me with creating a new Polish Wiki page of Sunfish (which would be the biggest Sailing-article on Polish Wikipedia) all the other international Wiki pages of this boat can receive a massive, cool update.

Attached you will find a preview of how much I already did :).

Cheers!

Attachments

• Sunfish_Wiki_PL_WIP1.jpg
    Sunfish_Wiki_PL_WIP1.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 42

Back